Chapter 26

Zackaya's POV

Sitting beneath the tree while reading a book is one of my favorite past times. Of course, sleeping in the process is a must too.

Everything is perfect. Nice shade from the blistering sun, a cool breeze and I could feel my eyes getting drowsy.I placed a bookmark between the pages of the book I was reading. I am so close to falling asleep when an irritating voice shouted.

"Zackaya!" I closed my eyes, attempting to fall asleep once again.
"Zackaya!" Xyzer grabbed hold of my shoulders and shook them ferociously.

"What?!" Uttering my meanest glare, he flinched. "I swear, if it is nothing important, I would gladly tell Onii-sama the perpetrator behind the damaged walls of the school infirmary." His face looked aghast as if I betrayed him.I'm not that innocent. I know.

"You were also a culprit!" He pointed his finger at me. I narrowed my eyes.

"It's not like I planned it after all." I raised an eyebrow. "I just caught you in the act while you were in a fight with Zyfer. Plus, I just watched and never told anyone."

"How dare you betray me!" Xyzer launched himself at me and I quickly evaded.

"Seriously, what's the matter with you?" I stood up and patted my skirt.His nose bumped into the tree and became red.

"Your fault!" He pointed at me.

"Be done with what you wanted to say and let me sleep in peace." I held out my hand to help him stand.

"Owww." He rubbed his nose."You look like Rudolph." He glared at me. "You know, the reindeer from the song we sang every Christmas?"

"Sorry, but we don't celebrate Christmas." Seeing that I was heading towards a dangerous territory, I decided not to walk on a tightrope and proceeded to pack my things.

"What were you trying to say that was so important?" I changed the topic. He looked relieved that I didn't indulge further. Was it really a private secret?

"I saw Tyler running down the halls. He was in a hurry. I also heard that it was the first time that they saw him agitated. It seems that he was searching for someone."

"And that someone would be Amethyst. Is that what you were trying to say?" I looked him in the eye.

"Yes, and I think you should find the President immediately."

"Why should I?" I am not in the mood to listen about his antics on how to protect me. It was serious enough to make me cringe for several days.

"It seems that she possesses the Hanahaki disease." His mouth formed in a thin line while nursing his red nose.

Shock. My eyes went wide with surprise. I didn't even notice that my book fell in the grass.I hurriedly shook the shoulders of Xyzer as I realized how dire the situation is.

"Did the students say that she was coughing up petals?"

"Yes, she was." I bit my fingers. A sign that I was getting nervous.

"I must find him immediately." My eyes were filled with resolution. "Her lifespan is short and we must take action before it gets worst." I hurriedly added.

"I last saw him walking out of the student council office. Try asking Kyle. He might know where he is."

"Can you call Zyfer? I need all the help that we can get. There is not much time left."He nodded as a sign of agreement and I started to run. I lifted my skirt for easier movement. Thankfully, I am wearing boots.

Hanahaki disease. A disease that is very rare. It stems from one-sided love. Knowing that his/her love is not reciprocated, he/she would start to cough out petals.Flowers would grow in the lungs of a person and the roots would grow in the respiratory system.