"Where the hell are we?!" he asked He Tian  after they landed. Outside the airport, the world was too hot and the people looked different. Even the noise and the smell of the air felt different.

"Philippines. Cebu, specifically."

"What?! Why are we. . .?"

"I told you we're running away from the world you hate so much."

Mo Guan Shan looked around. People were glancing their way and he's beginning to panic. It felt like they knew him and his scandal. They were talking in a strange language while pointing at them that he trembled and desperately searched for something to hold on to. His hand was squeezed tightly by He Tian.

"Relax. Don't flatter yourself into thinking it's you they're admiring."

Strangely, that savage remark calmed him down and he convinced himself to take it easy.

After a while, he finally got rid of the hostility filter in his brain and realized that He Tian was telling the truth. People really weren't looking at him but at He Tian.

They took a taxi and Mo Guan Shan napped while leaning on He Tian who let him.

He Tian took him out to eat at an overpopulated fast food restaurant with a lot of kids ogling at them. Despite the bustle, something smelled so good that his stomach began growling for attention.

There's a play pen and a slide on one corner and little kids were taking turns crawling inside tubes and tunnels.

"Why here? You don't look like a fast food kind of guy."

"I'm not. You are that kind of guy though. And with your tantrums, I'm sure you and these kids will get along just fine."

Mo Guan Shan glared at He Tian but the guy just smiled his usual plastic smile.

"Now go find us a table."

Mo Guan Shan didn't budge. The place was filled with people that he has no idea if there was any vacant place left.

He Tian reached out for his hand and kissed it. The urge to kick the fucker overtook him that he quickly turned around and left.

Most of the people around had their eyes fixed on him and he wondered why. He Tian wasn't with him anymore. He told himself to calm down but his brain kept on telling him that his video might just have been seen by Filipinos too. There's internet and there's a crowd so the probability was high.

"May I help you, Sir?"

Mo Guan Shan jumped in surprise before turning to his side and a smiling service crew girl looked up at him. And she's speaking in English.

"Uhm," he swallowed hard, thinking what to say next. He looked down and tapped at a table. The girl nodded without ever breaking her smile.

"This way please," she said and walked ahead. Mo Guan Shan understood simple English, but he had trouble speaking it. He followed the girl to a stairway.

The second floor was almost full too, but not as crowded as the main floor. The crew led him to a corner seat with a red sofa and a table.

"Uhm, thank you," he said, nodding. "I- I have . . ."

"Good job finding us a good seat, Little Mo," He Tian said from behind the crew. She stepped aside and excused herself. He Tian carried two red plastic trays filled with assorted food like crispy fried chicken, fries and burgers. He refrained from giving a fuck. Too hungry to stir up some trouble.

They ate in silence. The place was still hot despite the air conditioning so Mo Guan Shan attacked his pineapple juice like he's been left dry for too long. He Tian stood up once again and returned with two larger cups of pineapple juice.

He remembered the service crew and wondered if it was because they were foreigners that she went out of her way to accommodate him. Or maybe he looked like a lost child. Though they say Filipinos were the best at playing host, so he's glad for the help.

"This chicken rocks," He Tian commented on his second spicy chicken thigh. Mo Guan Shan agreed with him but he liked the peach mango pie better, even if it scalded his tongue at first bite. He couldn't read the warning.

After Jollibee, He Tian took him back to their room. He said it was the tallest building on that island and they're almost at the top.

"This is the part where you rape me senseless."

He Tian stopped in the middle of untying his shoes and looked at him. He avoided his murderous look by flopping on the soft bed with arms outstretched.

"Do you want me to?"

"I have no opinion on things I'm not in-charge of."

"Then get up there and come shower with me."