Aster Flores

"Brandon Brandon"

My sister will gather the whole neighborhood I swear.

"What is it Katie? Where is the fire?" I say getting up from my couch where I was so fabulously beating my friend at COD.

My sister Katie is one year older to me. I love her she is amazing older sister anyone would ask for but times like this I wish she was patient person just a tiny bit gets that from my mom I guess.

She peaks inside my room and says "You are dropping me and Megan to mall"

"No I am not you have your car and Megan wears perfume my Jeep is allergic to" I deadpan

She rolls eyes and comes inside and stand in front of the mirror and looks at herself

"I swear lighting in your room is better you know such amazing pictures I can click here"

"I am not taking you to mall ! Why don't you use your car?" I ignored her

"My car is with mechanic you were the one who dropped off and Megan's sister took her to diner so you are taking me to mall" she explained

I nodded

"Ok come on then sooner I take you sooner you will be out of my hair" i grab my keys and mobile phone and wallet

I reached the car and both her and Megan reach within minutes.

"Hi girl" they start dramatically

And the chatter starts. It's not like Megan is our neighbor or like they don't facetime each other madly about every little detail about their lives and they just had sleepover day before yesterday nope nothing like that. They met after first time after last commercial break on ABC. I mentally slap myself for even thinking so much sarcasm.

Megan is in fact our neighbour since last four years.

My sister and her hit off instantly. We all go to the same High school.
Megan's elder brother Mike is now in college. Megan and my sister will be joining this fall and Me and Megan's little sister Aster will be Seniors.

Aster flores I smile despite myself as weird as it sounds I never talked to her I never held any conversation with her. I don't even remember saying her name out loud. Aster flores is different then her siblings.

Aster is all about subtlety she is beautiful in a way I am not able to describe or maybe i lack that vocabulary she is kind she is smart she is the type of girl who just makes you want to be good and perfect for her.

Am I in my Aster world again I guess yes.

Towards the end of last year I started having this unexplained attraction towards her. I would look for her in cafeteria or across the hallway. Over last few months I told myself it was because I was in my prime teens and those foolish feeling do come.but the more I saw her the more I felt something. If someone asked me what it was I would not know how to explain. It was just a feeling that I makes me happy and look forward to seeing her every single day.

"Brandon Brandon we are here" I was pulled out if my thoughts rudely.

"Yeah ok so am I picking you up as well"?  I asked

"No we are good" they leave

I call Adrian my friend to ask if he is up to.

"What?" He answers the phone

"My love I am home alone please come over" I laugh mimicking girly voice

"Brandon"!! He yells

"That was one time just one time it doesn't work always" he says

"Yeah yeah whatever what's up? Wanna hangout?"

"Yeah just get pizza" he disconnects

Why am I  friends with him again?

I am over at Adrian's.

"So man what are you planning on doing this summer?"he asked

"I don't know i might take up summer job or something , what about you?" I asked

"Yea same, infact have a look at this" he threw me a flyer for the waiter job at local diner.

"Looks like you have a job already" i mocked him with chuckle

"Bran likes try together man it will be fun working together" he said

"Beside you know who works there" he continues

I frown i didn't

"Oh come on Bran! He exclaimed

"Dude your Aster Flores"

"She is not mine" i sat gritting my teeth

Adrian knows about my feelings. It was not planned i didn't want to tell him or anyone for that matter but one day during football practice she came to the field and when i saw her coming i got so distracted that i didn't see the ball coming my way and let's just say that i got hit ugly. Adrian who despite at practice at same time saw the whole thing like movie from sideline laughed his ass off and bugged me until i told him what was happening.

He is convinced that i have crush on my neighbour and i am adamant i don't.

I take the flyer again and see it properly sure enough it was same diner.

Do i want to be in same place as her for long time every day for a  month or so i think when i am interrupted but Adrian

"You know what Bran you should definitely try i mean who know it might give you much needed boost to ask the girl out" he say

"Adrian i am not interested in her that way" i try to explain

"Bran and i told you that you are too thick to admit it, what's wrong man like you are a guy who has feeling for a girl and hell there is nothing wrong to have feelings for guys too but you just won't admit you like her its been six bloody month why is that ? He asked

I open my mouth to counter him when my cell rings my sister what now.

"Hi sis and No I won't pick you since you told not to and I made plans" I say before she says hi

My annoying sister has exceptional quality of having her way.

"Brandon just listen first, Aster needs ride we promised her we would get her car back but we might take long and diner is already closing in few minutes" she says

How can the whole car thing cause so much pull and push. I think but instead I say I will go to pick her.

"I need to go i will see you around"i say

When I pull out at the diner Aster is surprise to see my Jeep. I know she recognize my car so she would know that I am here to pick her.

She comes closer and open back door since I was busy in phone I didn't see her do that. When she got in she realized I was the only one there to pick her. She looked in front and I saw her through mirror. She smiled shook her head and got down and came towards the passenger seat.

"I am sorry I thought Meg and Katie were with you"she said softly

It was easy mistake my Jeep was fully tinted.

"They are going to be late" I say and start driving

We reach home within minutes and she leaves with Thank you.

I take my car to garage and stay inside for few minutes.

I gave Aster lift she sat on my Jeep's  passenger seat.

I can smell a faint smell of her perfume
Brandon you are creepy.

Aster flores what do you do to me?