Chapter Twenty-Two

Comincia dall'inizio

I slapped her hands away. “Stop that! You’ll mess up my makeup!”

“Sorry. So... Jake, eh? You like him? As in like-like?”

I rolled my eyes at her. “Like-Like? Really, Vic?”

“Yes? Isn’t that what you kids say these days?”

I face-palmed myself. “No, we don’t say that. That’s like second grade vocabulary. Get with the program, woman!” And she thinks she’s ‘hip’. Pfft.

“Oh. Well, what about Jake? You like him?” Vicky raised her eyebrows in question.

My cheeks began to grow red, and I casted my gaze downward. “Maybe...”

“Aww!! Look, she’s blushing!” Vicky gushed. “Kids are so adorable!”

“We’re seventeen, Vicky!” Danielle told her.

“And I’m thirty-two. So what?”

I sighed. This woman has so much to learn.

“Goodbye, Vicky,” I said, pushing her into the hallway.

“You can’t kick me out! This is my—” I cut her off by shutting the door in her face. Jake should be here in about ten minutes or so. I need to get ready.

“Do I look good?” I asked Danielle.

“Yeah, I guess.”

“That is not an answer, Dan.”

“Fine then. Yes. You look super fantastic and amazing!” she exclaimed, clapping her hands together loudly.

“Thank you!” I did a little curtsey. Guess what! I somehow failed, and fell to the ground. Dan was laughing at me as I winced in pain. Well, that will leave a bruise.

“That was so funny!” she said in between giggles. “How do you fall while doing a curtsey!? Only you can do that, Alex!”

“How much of a friend you are.” I rolled my eyes at her, standing up and dusting myself off. I love Danielle, but you know, other times I hate her. I can’t really blame her for laughing at me, because I would most likely do the same thing if she was the one that tripped.

“I’m here ladies!” A voice rang throughout the basement. Gosh, Jake was here already? I walked back over to my mirror, examining myself again.

My hair was flowing down my back in loose curls. London had helped me with my hair when she was here earlier, and Danielle did most of my makeup. Thank goodness she didn’t go overboard with it.

Jake swung my door open and walked into my bedroom. “Hey.” I jumped in surprise.