~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝔂 ~

Start from the beginning

"C'mon," Fred said grabbing Ginny's hand, George grabbed Lina's and they along with Harry, Ron and Hermione ran into the woods.

Lina struggled to keep up and was basically being pulled by George until another group of frantic wizards barged into her. Lina stumbled, her hand ripped from George's and she fell onto the floor. She took a deep breath and looked up but George was nowhere in sight, but neither was Fred or Ginny or Harry, Ron and Hermione. She was all alone.

Lina's breathe quickened, her knuckles turned white from gripping her wand so tight, she got to her feet just as a blast of green light illuminated the sky and she could see men in masks and cloaks with their wands raised pointing them at four disfigured people in the air, the one face she did see was the Muggle from the gate when they arrived. More wizards joined the marching group laughing and pointing up at them, they parade around setting tents on fire and trampling them.

Lina watched with wide eyes and hugged her coat tighter around herself, she was still alone and while she tried to put on a brave face on the inside she was shaking in terror. Lina looked around, everywhere she looked people were screaming and running away, the sight was making her dizzy but she took a deep breath, she couldn't just stand there she had to move to where she wasn't sure exactly but she had to move.

Lina took off running in the opposite direction from the group of masks, she kept her eyes wide looking for anyone with ginger hair but came across no one. She stopped for a second to catch her breath, she could still hear the sick laughter and Muggle offensive slurs which made her take off again. She wanted to run far away from what was happening, she didn't want to hear the slurs or cries, she just wanted it all to stop.

Suddenly she skidded to a stop, two men in masks were walking towards her, she gasped slightly and dived behind a bush placing a shaking hand over her mouth. The footsteps grew closer and tears spilled down her cheeks but the men passed her by.

Lina let out a sigh of relief and stood up, she turned around ready to run again but froze, her heart dropped to her stomach, one of the figures in the masks was standing in front of her, it's wand digging into her throat.

The person didn't speak which scared Lina more, her whole body shook, her breathing quickened and her wand dropped to the floor, she stared at the man only able to see his eyes, grey in colour and somewhat familiar. "Blood traitor" the man hissed.

Lina's eyes fluttered shut, this was it, she was certain the figure was going to kill her. Lina said a silent goodbye to the people she loved and as another tear slid down her cheek, she felt the wand disappear from her neck.

Lina reopened her eyes, she was now alone. Her legs gave out and she crumbled to the floor choking out a sob, her breathing got even quicker to the point where she was hyperventilating. She was certain she was going to die, she raised a hand to her neck, she wasn't dead or physically hurt but she was still alone.

It took a while to calm herself, and even then Lina's breathing was quicker than normal. She forced herself to her feet, in one hand she held her wand and in the other, she held a nearby tree for support. Looking around Lina realised she was utterly lost, she couldn't hear anyone or see anyone and that just made her tears fall faster. "You're alright," she told herself even if she didn't believe her own statement "just stop crying and find someone you know, then you can cry for however long you want. Pull yourself together Evangelina."

Her little pep talk seemed to work as the tears stopped. Lina nodded to herself and took off running with no idea where she was going but she continued to run until she crashed straight into someone. Lina began to thrash around as the person grabbed her forearms, their touch felt familiar but Lina didn't dwell on that, she had to get out of their arms.