"No women or children," Spencer spat pulling Grace closer to him as if trying to protect her.

My eyebrows shot up, and it clicked. He was so unaware of who Grace was. "It's okay, Spencer. This is Grace. My goddaughter." The sound of the steps from the stairs grew louder. "We need to leave," I urged. I so didn't want to hurt him.

Spencer's eyes widened a fracture in surprise, and he glanced at Grace, then at me. "She..." he trailed off.

"Yes. Her mother was dark-skinned, and her father was my childhood best friend. She is older now, but she is my goddaughter who I held in my arms when she was a baby. Make the decision, Spencer. Three...two..." Before I said one he scooped Grace in his arms and headed towards the exit.

"Atta boy," I heard Oengus snicker, but dismissed it and went to grab all of our travel bags not to leave anything behind.

Troy was already obediently marching away, suppressed by Oengus powers, following him from the doors. I scanned the lobby for possible witnesses of the confrontation and when found no one worth killing, started making my way out of the motel, just in time for somebody reach the lobby.

While walking to the car, I smashed on the way a few more surveillance cameras. Just in case. We didn't need attention from the law authorities. Not that we wouldn't be able to take care of a few things. I just didn't want to flash my new identity too much. Besides, the time was running out.

I had only four days left.

And after that.

The hunt will begin.

Meanwhile...

(Tyr)

"Brothers!" I stepped into the conference room, looking at my half-brothers that were sitting at the conference table. My smile stretched wider as I observed the grave expressions on their faces, and firmly walking, made my way towards the front of the room.

First, I glanced at Abysmal, who was occupying the left side of the table. His mother was human, which made him not as powerful as me. Besides, he was born a little later than myself and had spent his first hundred years living in some village near the Balkans. But because Lucifer's genes were the dominant one in their union, made Abysmal take after him in many ways, especially physical. They shared the same clear blue eyes, blond hair, perfectly chiseled face, and our father's huge body. Frankly speaking, I disliked him. He was vile, merciless, greedy. And it was fine by me, if not for his lack of class. Abysmal, in my opinion, was as tasteless as a young wine. He was a total package from outside, and from inside was missing the most important quality - gentility. Everything he did stunk of proletarian. There was no high purpose in him. No values. No morals.

Sure, I disliked Oengus even though we here full blooded brothers. At least, he had that craze about him that made me admire him, even respect him. His obsession with certain things and love for a game were his driving forces, which on a very basic level was a form of art. He was brilliant, successful in his work and powerful. But what made him really dangerous was that he was unpredictable. In other words, he was an entirely sane psychopath.

Abysmal didn't have any of Oengus's splendor. He was always surrounded by his goons that he liked to be dressed in black uniforms. The majority of them were the converted feras. Some of them were the agents, some were the collectors.He definitely liked his entourage, which said a lot about his annoying personality.

On the other side of the table was sitting Samil. His full name was Samilien de Voulailler, and he was the youngest of Lucifer sons that survived the great hunts that fanatic humans used to organize from time to time. I had a faint sympathy for him because we were both born in the same region, but of course, it was the only thing that I liked about him. Maybe also the fact that he was born during the regimen of Louis the XIV and was a part of his court. Back then, French high society was obsessed with mysteries, cults, and black magic. They believed in a dark Lord and loved to gather in some secret place to perform some rituals. The funny part was that they never managed to summon even the lowest form of demon. And Ironically, Lucifer stopped by one of their sessions for his own amusement, while they tried to summon the devil. There he met the young Hortense de Voulailler the wife of Marquise de Voulailler one of the Prince de Condé's protégés. They had a short affair that resulted in having Samilien.