02: "Bite me, Black."

Start from the beginning

The time flies exceptionally fast, and when the announcer tells us we're half an hour away and people should start getting into their robes, I almost gasp. Here I was expecting to be dying of boredom in a compartment full of Slytherins, and now I barely even realized that five hours have gone by with this odd group of Gryffindors. All we had been doing was talking and playing the occasional game, along with telling jokes that made us all laugh hysterically. It sort of hurts to know that after this, we'll never speak again.

Nevertheless, I stand up and check the hallways, seeing no sign of Dean and slipping back into my Slytherin compartment.

"Cassidy, there you are," Charles says, "Where have you been?"

I shrug, "I put off some fire crackers and now I'm in trouble with the Head Boy. I had to camp out a bit."

"Dean the Head Boy?" Mandy asks, "God he's so hot."

She begins ranting about his perfect face, and I take that as my cue to grab my robes and leave, slipping into the bathroom to change before putting my clothes into my trunk and heading back to the Marauder's compartment. I enter to see them all changed and ready, and Sirius puts a hand on my shoulder, a smug smirk on his face.

"Are you ready for the kiss of a lifetime?" He asks me, and I groan.

"Don't remind me."

Soon we're pulling into Hogsmeade station, and we exit with the crowd, landing on the platform and searching for any sign of Crabbe.

"Well, I guess he's not here. Darn, that's really too bad—"

"I see him." James points to the bobbing buzz cut of Hector Crabbe, and I shake my head.

"Nope. Not him. That's just a large rock." I peer at his face, "You sure those glasses are the right prescription, Potter?"

Sirius grabs my wrist and leads me through the crowd, a grin on his face as he breaks into the clearing, where Crabbe has stopped to speak with another boy. I tug on Sirius's hold, and he looks back at me.

"We had a deal, Milton." He puts on a serious face, but I see through it, "Do you really wanna be another slimy Slytherin?"

He's right, I don't, but I just groan, "That would make things a lot easier, wouldn't it?"

I tug my hand out of his arm and walk over to Crabbe, standing behind him and turning to curtsey at the Marauders before tapping on the lug's shoulder.

He turns around, and I smile at him sweetly, feeling queasy inside.

"Hector, you look very handsome."

I hear barking laughter not six feet away as Crabbe narrows his eyes.

"I was wondering if you—"

"Miltonnnnnnn!" I hear a low shout, and then I'm tackled by two boys. One of them my brother and the other his closest friend, Marcus, who's a Gryffindor kid. Josh really tried hard to not be friends with him, but after a while they just clicked too hard, and even if Joshua is a Slytherin, he makes an exception for him.

Marcus swings me over his shoulder, and I squeak in surprise, looking at Crabbe and then the Marauders, who are now laughing at my added misfortune.

"Marcus!" I shout, "Put me down!"

"Milton! Milton! Milton!" He chants as he begins sprinting down to the lake, where the first years take boats up to the castle. My eyes widen in realization.

"Marcus! No! Do not throw me in the laaaAAAAAGH!"

There's a splash as I make contact with the water, the cold consuming me as I'm submerged in the liquid. I resurface in time to see my brother high five Marcus and sprint away, laughing. I swear after them, but it's no use, and I groan in frustration.