"Hello Fi fi " it was only now that faith had acknowledged Jackie's mother sat on the other sofa. She quickly jumped up to give the elder women a hug cringing at the childish and overused nickname.

"Hi nellie" she smiled back politely falling back against the sofa between the boys "I'm hungry"

"I don't think you will be when you find out what dads done with the food!" Adam exclaimed raising his eyebrows and nodding, Faith wasn't entirely sure she wanted to know what Martin had done it would either ease the nerves or make them ten times worse.

"What?"

"Oh nothing" Jonny smiled patting her leg and standing up to find his mother.

~

Faith had shifted round to the seat at the end opposite Jackie, Adam was on her left and Nellie in faiths usual seat in her right next to Martin.

"Are we having a stabbing party or something?" Adam asked holding up three knives motioning them towards his mother as Faith also found two more knives next to her.

"Have a guess who set the table" Jackie replied motioning towards Martin who continued to eat his food oblivious to their conversation.

"Dads there's quite a lot of knives here" Adam pointed out the taking the two knives that where in faiths hand and holding them all up to see.

"Yes well we're gonna murder your mother after dinner" he laughed along with Nellie who soon found herself in a minor coughing fit. Faith tried to hid her laughter but had to let a few chuckles out as she choked on her drink.

"So are you gonna tell me why she can't come tonight?" Jackie asked her youngest son.

"Hmm oh she's very tired" he relied, the whole table knew who she was referencing, Alison would never turn up to the meals. Alison was real both Adam and faith knew that although they also knew that Alison was a complete bitch and didn't do anything unless it benefited her.

"Oh your pretend girlfriend!" Adam exclaimed taking advantage of the seating arrangement and high fiving Faith next to him.

"She is real! And she really wanted to meet you she's just a bit exhausted at the moment!" Jonny lord, Faith couldn't help the laugh that came out, Alison barely had a job how could she be exhausted all she does it sit around.

"Yes Adam shut up! She is real!" Faith snapped before softening her features and taking a sip of wine "but I guess three times a night with Simon would have her pretty tired"

"That's really funny actually " he replied screwing his face up and nodding at the girl" at least my significant other isn't an arsehole!"

"At least mine's real" She snapped back.

"You know something Jonny! I must have invited her around 9 times now!" Jackie said picking at her food.

"Not 9 times!"

"At least 9! When are we going to meet her?" She half shouted causing both Martin and Nellie to jump a little in their seats.

Adam pretended to cough while mumbling. "Never gonna happen!" Only himself, Jonny and faith could hear the words he muttered but the effect was there and the displeased, pissed off look just grew on his younger brothers face.

"Aw bless you bobble!" Faith mocked patting the top of his back and smiling at Jonny who would give anything to not be in the house that night.

"What are you talking about?" Nellie asked only just catching herself up with the conversation.

"Jonny's girlfriend!" Jackie answered her motioning her knife towards her youngest son.

"Oh I thought faith was his girlfriend!" She asked shifting her glance between the two of them, Faith spat her water out and onto herself and the table while Jonny choked on the mouthful of food he had taken.

Jackie scoffed "no mum! Her names Alison!"

"Ah you bastard!" Jonny coughed while spitting his mouth full back into the glass, the others could only assume Adam had put something disgusting into his glass.

"Not salt again?" Martin asked

"No it's gin!" He exclaimed wiping his mouth and holding the glass up in complete distrust.

"Don't waste gin! It's your mothers for when she's depressed!" Martin scolded.

"Really I think vodka does the trick." Faith mumbled trying to ease the clear growing tension. The room feel into silence, everyone trying to not upset another member anymore than they already have but the door bell soon rang sending the boys flying out their seats and Nellie hitting her plate up and onto her lap.

"Aww your lovely trousers!" Jackie exclaims standing up to check on her mother.

"I'll go clean myself up!" She smiled after ruining her clothes still happy as ever.

"What a relaxing evening" Jackie laughed, sarcasm dripping from her voice as she put her head in her hands. Silence fell over the room again before Martin sneezed sending faiths glass out of her hand and all over her skirt.

"Aw my lovely table cloth!" Jackie complained as she looked up to see red whine over the table and a glass over water all over me

"Sorry Jackie I really am" Faith mumbled holding the fabric away from her as it cling to her legs.

"Its ok I'll get you a cloth" Jackie sighed moving to get up but stopping as Faith put a arm in front of her.

"No it's fine I'll go" she smiled pushing Jackie back into her seat and leaving to enter the kitchen. It was the wrong day for Faith to wear green underwear under a white dress. She quickly picked up the tea towel from the side by the fridge to pat her skirt down and attempt to mop up as much water as possible.

"What are you doing?" Jonny asked walking in and leaning against the door frame, the confusion was hard to avoid he had walked in on his friend furiously dabbing her crotch and thighs with a tea towel in his parents kitchen.

"I spilt my drink"  she explained stopping her actions as he walked over feeling the hem of her skirt.

"It's not that wet you'll be fine"

"Can you see through my dress?" She asked twisting and turning to show the material.

"A little! You'll be fine just sit down quickly" he laughed patting it down again from where it had ruffled up. "Why are you wearing a dress anyway, you never do that unless someone's died"

"Oh uh I had a interview at work today" she explained filling up the now empty drinking glass in her hand.

"Interview?"

"Next year in October Sarah is leaving which means someone else will need to be in charge of the ward" she pressed her lips into a thin smile nodding along as she spoke. "I didn't want to do it, I actually hate the idea and I've only just properly started working but Bella is forcing me to"

"You're still friends with Bella? I though you fell out with her"

"Well yeah but she was my first friend in uni and I didn't have anyone else, Dan was always really busy so I never got to see him! Mia lived a two hours away and only moved back in my last year" she explained starting to upset herself at how her friend group had deteriorated "you weren't talking to me, Gee thinks I'm evil and Ben hasn't talked to me in years"

"I'm sorry" was all he could reply with, he didn't know who else to approach the situation. The two of them falling out was both their faults but he had started it and it wouldn't have gotten nearly as bad if they had just talked to each other and communicated but they were both far too petty to even try to have a conversation.

"It's okay, I guess no one can really be blamed for their actions! We're all just genetics and surroundings" she smiled pushing the empty glass into his hand and walking back through to the dinging room.

A/n: wait I don't have anything to say for once

Oops

Hope you all have a good day!