Back Home

Leaving with a smile, Mary looked back on the family she adored the most. She may not show her emotions the way she means too, but she has a soft spot for the Banks. She hid how she really felt about seeing Michael and Jane, she almost wanted to hug them and cry. It was the first time she returned to a household and it felt almost satisfying to see them grown up and happy now. Still drifting through the air, she held her umbrella a little tighter and her mind wandered to Jack. She was happy for him and Jane. Yes, yes she was. She kept saying in her head. Mary can't love anyone. Jane needs Jack. Yes, yes they're right for each other. A sigh escaped her mouth as she kept repeating it to maybe convince herself it's true.
After a couple more minutes in the air, Mary saw her road. Surprisingly enough, she lived in a normal street. She lived in a normal townhouse. She had done for as long as she could remember. She dropped to the floor, the black gate greeted her and the white townhouse was waiting for her, still perfectly painted. Her favourite thing about the house was the cherry blossom in the front. Before walking up the steps she took a minute to take it in, and smelt the blossoms. She smiled contently. As well as being her favourite flower and tree, it also reminded her of the Banks. And Jack. So she smiled again. Her legs took her to the door which she unlocked with a key and she shut it behind her before carefully putting the umbrella in the stand.
"I thought we agreed I shouldn't be with the canes!" The Umbrella snapped.
All the canes around him, had handles like birds too. They all gave Mary's umbrella a stare as it thought it was too good for them.
"Make friends with them, I'm sure you will get along fine...." Mary said softly as she carefully unbuttoned her long, blue coat and hung it up. Taking off her gloves and hat she checked herself in the mirror, and laid the hat and gloves on the side before strolling into the kitchen. She put the stove on to boil some water for tea, and sat down on the sofa as she waited to hear the bubbling water. She was home again. The kitchen was smallish, it had everything she needed and a little more, the sink giving her a view of her garden as she washed up which she always liked. The sitting room was fairly cozy, the sofas were a navy colour with colourful cushions, a little coffee table in the middle, and a fireplace overlooking it all. And of course, an armchair in the bay window for her to watch the cherry blossom. Of course.
A little later she had settled back into her home, and wandered outside to the garden. Very neatly kept, her garden was grass, a little porch with a chair and table, and some flowers around the garden. A little promising Cherry Blossom was trying to grow in the corner. She giggled seeing how small it was, before taking herself back inside again and upstairs. There was no photos on the wall. There were no traces that she had family. Where on earth did she come from? Mary found her way to her bedroom and slowly pulled the covers over her as she was in her nightie and took her hair out. She sighed. Life felt a little unneeded and pointless when she wasn't on a job. She really had no one to live for, no husband or child. Only the children she looked after. Once again she couldn't sleep. The clock went past 12.... then 1..... then 2.... She grudgingly strolled downstairs and got herself some milk and cookies, and walked back up, leaning back as she took a bite of the cookie and sipped some milk. She was going to have to get used to being alone. Well she should be she was almost 1- Mary leapt from her bed. It was her birthday tomorrow. She was 152, she smiled excitedly like a child. The idea of her birthday kind of comforted her to want to sleep. You also may be wondering why Mary seems so happy when she's alone. Well really, again though she appears to be a non-emotional "tough-nut" (as John Banks said) really, she was a very bubbly person. She always giggled and smiled to herself when she was at home. She loved to be with her thoughts, so immersed in them that she was giggling to herself. Mary had a big imagination, as you can probably gather. To create the children a world that's not their own, Mary first had to think what she was going to do before helping the children travel there with her. Most of the time at home, she would accidentally travel into one of these worlds and meet her old friends, and as well as her imagination being with her, a lot of her items and objects she had obtained over the years had something to say. It may have been a while since anyone asked how she was or how she felt or even hugged her but she didn't mind really. She was perfectly happy wrapped up in cherry blossoms and imagination. As she thought all of this, she found herself drifting into sleep, slowly, but surely, Mary fell asleep.

Mary Poppins: Blossomsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें