“For starters, that’s none of anyone’s business… but to clarify something, I have not shagged him. Not at all, and to be honest I don’t want to… not yet anyway” I glared over to Darius who was holding his hands up in a defensive gesture.

“Hey, easy there” Seth cooed, placing a hand over mine “It wasn’t meant to make you upset”

“I know, I’ve just had a lot of people judging me or situations a lot through my life… I just don’t want it here” he rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand; it was meant to be a comforting gesture I guessed so I looked at him and smiled. He was a very good friend to me… friend… that was an odd thing for me to have after a life of feeling neglected, hated and abused.

  I returned to eating and enjoying a casual conversation with Seth for a while before Dante made his appearance known to us. He looked very posh and very sexy to me, he gave me a half smirk, and half smile before wandering over to his brothers to have the usual family talks that they had. It made me envious that he had siblings and was so close to them… I mean I was adopted and an only child, the sister that I did have was the Queen-B and didn’t want to be seen with her ‘freak’ of a sister. I knew I was an embarrassment to the kid. Apparently I was good looking and very hot, and she was shocked that I didn’t want to flaunt or show it off… I had no choice; I’m covered in scars and was covered in bruises most of the time. Plus that bitch’s boyfriend and I had history.

  Once I was done with my food, I placed the bowl in the sink and walked out towards the living room. It was time I moved around this house a lot more… I mean I was becoming a hermit in either his or my room. Ridiculous really. Slumping down on the sofa I flicked the T.V on and switched straight to the news, I wanted to see what was going on in the world, what I was missing etc. Also I wanted to see on how many cover ups the government gave for Vampire attacks, there were several and if you knew this world… you knew they were easy to spot. For once the news was clean of anything suspicious looking; just the usual really… there was a flood, human murders, elections, politicians getting in trouble… all similar crap really.

“Hey” Dante muttered as he walked in

“Brothers still betting on us are they?” I said sarcastically

“Excuse me?”

“Oh you don’t know? They have been betting on how long we’ve been shagging” I glanced over to him; he remained glued to the spot “What?”

“You’re joking right” I shrugged my shoulders at him and returned my gaze back to the Television. I had switched it over to a movie now, it was another horror… well its classed as one but I think it’s quite funny it’s called ‘Paranormal activity’… what person stays in a house knowing its haunted, why would you anger that ghost by filming it? Such a cliché.

  He walked over to one of the seats nearest to me, not once speaking but began to watch the film, he laughed at some of the ‘incidents’ that occurred during the film though.

“How can they be so stupid!” he burst

“I don’t know, I guesse they didn’t think it was serious”

“Probably. Anyway, listen Vicki… I’m sorry about my brothers” I got up from the sofa and wandered over to him. He eyed me with such sadness that I almost melted into a puddle on the floor. I didn’t understand why on earth his brothers felt the need to speculate about our private lives, it’s called private for a reason. I leaned down on him, wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him with countless amounts of passion he made me feel. My heart fluttered and thudded against my chest whilst my cheeks burned a bright scarlet… he made me feel things that I had thought I would never feel again… or never want to feel again I should say. Every emotion was heightened a little now that I had started to drink blood. It made it harder to resist him, easier to get mad or frustrated with him, and harder to stop lusting after him and his body… I wanted him so badly, yet I knew not to touch. Not to fall into the same old tricks, traps and games. He seemed to be different than the others, the reputation I thought he held… actually belonged to his brother. He was a mother’s boy in their eyes, soft, gentle and kind. They said that things only changed when he met Candice… it wasn’t hard to see why either.

“I’m sorry” he muttered again

“Don’t be” I smiled “It’s ok” he wrapped arms around the lower of my waist to pull me closer to him, his jade eyes twinkled once more at me, filling themselves with light and joy.

“Vicki I want to ask you something”

“Shoot”

“Come with me to Guildford”

“I already said I would” I laughed “When?”

“Now” he smirked at me

“Are you sure?” instead of answering me he planted his lips on mine, running his hands through my hair. My cheeks burned and my head felt all light and dizzy, if I were to stand at that moment I think I would have collapsed. He seemed to suck the air from me… he actually left me breathless.

  We began packing things as soon as we were both certain on leaving. It would be a nice break for us both; he would be away from ‘business’ with the family and Seth, and I would be away from the stressfulness of trying to find my mother, hiding her secret, having to keep my mind guarded and we could both just be ourselves! Once they were all packed we stared at each other with smiles across both of our faces, I slumped down on the bed and let out a sigh of relief, it was happening… we were actually going to go and be alone… in a flat… together. Shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts that were spiralling around my head, I grabbed a few of the bags and made my way downstairs. Dante had unlocked the car already so it was just a simple case of opening the boot and throwing them in. Dante did the same a few minutes later and also brought a blanket with him

“What’s that for?” I asked him as he slumped down in the car

“In case you want a nap whilst we’re driving, it’s going to be a long journey, should we need to do anything else… that’s catered for this time”

“Pardon?” I questioned, I was not going to have sex with him in a car!

“I meant blood” he winked “Ready?”

“As I’ll ever be”

  We drove for hours on end. Throughout the journey it was a mixture of me sleeping, chatting with him and blasting tunes out on the radio whilst singing along. He made a comment on how wonderful a singer I was, I told him that he must have been stone deaf at that point. I loved to sing, but I have never thought I was any good. There seemed to be so much that I disbelieved and hated about myself that others seemed to love. The scars along my body were proof enough that I was weak in the mind; I let them get to me so much back then. I let a boy think I was worth something, yet once he was drunk everything went wrong… then he joined that gang of haters and dated that bitch. Come to think about it, I know I did wrong to her but I was so young and not in control, I didn’t even know what I was back then. The memory was still fuzzy but I remember the feeling I felt… I was terrified by my actions. It was like I was someone else at that point. But instead of trying to figure out what was wrong or to even help me understand, after the therapy she hated me and made my life a misery!

 When we arrived in Guildford it was almost pitch black. Perfect for us really. We unloaded my crap from the boot and took it up to his flat with minimal effort, his comment was that it would be quicker if he did it all himself… men honestly. The apartment was very grand and very nicely decorated; it took my breath away when I glanced upon it. In the living room the first thing I noticed was the 32 inch television that was straddled up on the wall, it was nicely complimented by the white walls, black leather sofas, white rugs with black swirls all over them, there was a wooden table which had a vase of plastic flowers in, another table which had a mac book pro placed on it, there were also countless amounts of pictures of scenery, flowers, the moon…  I could spend all day trying to describe all that was in this place… but I won’t.

  Dante put the cases in one of the two bedrooms that were fitted before wandering over to me and taking me into a warm embrace.

“Welcome home Vicki” I leaned in closer to him, planting my head on his chest. Home? Maybe it would be after all this… I couldn’t leave him now. He was planted in my heart for I don’t know how many more millennia. If anything ever happened to him then I don’t know what I would do.

“it’s home as long as you are here” I breathed into his chest.