CHAPTER 2

Few years passed, home was hell. Most people complain that their parents are too protective and never let them out of their site. I wish I had such parents because mum was getting much worse. I wonder why dad haven't contacted her since. Just maybe she would have gotten her stance. Most times I feel I would have been a reckless child with this parental care. I could see her sobing eye just by taking a glance at her. The way she walks down the stairs so sluggish. She takes a sip out of her cup of coffee so slow like she was meditating on the taste of the coffee.

   Despite all this, mum wanted me to go to boarding school. "Seriously" I exclamated. She ignored my current reaction. I should be happy at such opportunity right but I couldn't leave her like this. She is a mess. She sleeps over a cup of coffee, cry when alone. Let's not talk of how depressing her room looks like. "NO WAY" I stood on my ground as I slammed the door of my room.

   My protest was in vain. I was admitted into Greenvile High School. I refused to come down from the car but she threatened to leave me there with the car. She was actually serious. "Wah"  who says such a thing to their daughter who is living home for the first time. Well what does she care, she has been without her second daughter for years. Mixing with people was really hard for me. The school was really big so as the rooms. Three to each rooms with a well designed wardrobe and mirror hanged at each person's corner.

   My roomates were jovial but they ain't my kind of people. I was more like a nerd. My brother wasn't like me. He was among the reigning boys in school. Many seniors became close to me just to get to him. I had to get ready for class tomorrow. Mum helped me with my luggage as she says her goodbye giving me a weak hug.

   I was quite smart so I didnt lack academically. Most student bullied me just to make me do their projects. Hostel was wreck, no one wants to mingle with a nerd. Infact people are really fake in this school. Friends backstabs friends. No one can be trusted. Mum finally prove to me that she didnt need me nor miss me because I dont understand how she would drop me off In a strange place without visiting. It was not like she stays in another country.

  Teaching was great so as the sport here. I was called to my matron office one sunny afternoon right after my class. "It's your brother" she said. I picked the phone as I clinch it against my ears with so much excitement. Hearing his voice made me smile so widely as I look at the squeezed face of my matron. Some times I wonder how she got a job as a matron. My brother voice was so deep and matured. I felt so proud like I was his mother "lol". I remembered one period when we played a drama with Darwin and Davis's ex girlfriend samantha.  Samantha was a very nice girl. A fair, tall, curled hair girl with such a loving dimples. She was so attractive. I am sure that was why Davis love her so much. I wonder why they broke up, whenever I ask Davis, he would say that is adult stuff not for me. Davis told me how settled he has become and how darwin was doing. he literally begged me to join the football team. He had assure me he will return home soon.

  I tried out for the football team. It was too stressful but I made the team. The seniors there was so mean. Too bad, I became the captain just at SS1. I was really proud of myself and rejoiced quietly as the coach compliments pop up in my head. "You are good for a girl" he said. He had also said I knew how to make a good use of team work. We went out back for different competitions. Most times, returning with medals and trophies.