And soon, Riley's problems became her own. Nova found a release from all her pain, finding all her solutions in pills and chemicals in crystallised bottles, even though that led to Nova making a few mistakes from time to time, including that one party at John B Routledge's chateau where she met that cute blond. But that was whole other story saved for later. Anyways. . . whether it was drinking liquor with her friends, or popping pills and snorting powder up her nose with her on and off again boyfriend, Rafe Cameron, it was just enough to make her forget.

It didn't take long for Nova's friends to notice either. They all saw the way her smile faded, and the way the joy in her heart turned to sadness. All the magic and stardust that once burned so brightly in her opal eyes being stolen from the girl the second her brother's heart stopped beating. They all wanted to help her. Even Riley's friends, the Pogues, did their best to show Nova she still had a life worth living, that her life still had value and shouldn't be wasted on the toxins running in her bloodstream.

Nova was sick and tired of all the constant lectures and wished they would just let her go. However, they never did, especially JJ Maybank, who believed there was something about the girl worth saving. No matter how hard she tried to push him away, JJ always came back. Maybe it was because of their history, or maybe it was because she was his best friend's sister and he felt like it was his duty to save her since he couldn't save Riley. Nova didn't really care. She just wanted to be left alone.

     But after JJ saves Nova from getting hit by an incoming vehicle one hot summer night, shocking and unfortunate circumstances forcing the pair to cross paths again, he convinces her to join him and his friends on their treasure hunt to search for a famous shipwreck known as the Royal Merchant and the gold that went down with it. Nova knew Riley was once invested in the mystery, and so she decides to finish what her brother started and tags along with the Pogues.

     This is just the start of the dark and destructive path Nova finds herself stumbling down. When she learns there's more to Riley's death than meets the eye, and that his demise was somehow connected to the Royal Merchant, the girl ends up spiralling down a rabbit hole of secrets that she was determined to uncover, leading the girl into a world of crime and danger whilst she navigated her way through life and the romance that came with it.

     It may fuck her over in the end, but Nova craved some excitement this summer. And a Goonies-like treasure hunt, coming face to face with an old flame, and the brewing war between Pogues and Kooks hitting its brink was definitely an adventure like no other.

 And a Goonies-like treasure hunt, coming face to face with an old flame, and the brewing war between Pogues and Kooks hitting its brink was definitely an adventure like no other

SYDNEY SWEENEY / . . . NOVA VAN
KIRK

𖤓

KOOK PRINCESS.   BASKET CASE.
A POGUE IN THE MAKING.

⋆☀︎。

▃▃▃▃▃▃ IT'S HARD TO BE
AT A PARTY WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE
AN OPEN WOUND ▃▃▃▃▃▃

&

rudy pankow / JJ MAYBANK
alisha boe / JUNO O'CONNELL
emilia clarke / ALLISON VAN KIRK
jr bourne / ETHAN VAN KIRK
owen patrick joyner / RILEY VAN KIRK
madelyn cline / SARAH CAMERON
drew starkey / RAFE CAMERON
chase stokes / JOHN B ROUTLEDGE
madison bailey / KIARA CARRERA
johnathan daviss / POPE HEYWARD
austin north / TOPPER THORNTON
the rest of the obx cast / THEIR RESPECTIVE CHARACTERS

authors note.
So I quickly lost inspiration for another outer banks plot, but it was just because the old plot i had was kinda overused and i just wanted to do something a little different. So I took some old stuff from the old plot and added some new stuff to spice it up a little, changed the faceclaim and I'm honestly so excited to write this again. I promise this is the last ever change I'm doing to this story!!

layout inspired by warrensdrums <3

warning.
this story will contain drug and alcohol use, strong language, mentions of abuse, strong violence and other triggering topics throughout the story.

dedications.
dedicated to rositagriimes , plutoniums , temptingholland , IovefooIs , plutonruins  , mazernrs , daenevys , fIeurr , kepners , xsparrows , valkyraes , joekeerious , astroIogcy , familiarities , -CLEOPATRAS , -MissSwan , obrienscottage , murphscare , wildstarkey , wildior , -celestialhearts , sweetvinyls , holygublers , bIoodbags , vintagegrace , emotve , deiteas , wickedwomvn , starlightremus ryrythewritingguy & anyone else who loves outer banks and/or supports me <3