---

The next day was a whirlwind.

We'd spent the majority of it humoring John B. We were all hesitant but supportive as he took us to a graveyard on what we thought was a wild goose chase, until we'd found the tape recording his father had left him and started to believe in the treasure a little bit more. So we'd ended up outside the Chateau's dock, sprawled out on the wood, silently pondering life.

"How much was it again?" JJ asked, pulling out his vape pen.

"400 mill".

"Alright, let's talk the split. Now, before you say evenly, may I remind you that I am the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers that were after us", JJ said, referring to his gun.

Pope rolled his eyes. "You've done zero training".

"YouTube bro!"

"What are you gonna do with your 80 mill Pope" Kiara asked, completely ignoring JJ.

He thought for a second, before responding "Pay for college in advance... and also, textbooks. Those are expensive". I rolled my eyes.

"What about you, Kie?" JJ asked

"Yeah. What does a socialist do when she's rich?"

Kie chuckled, shrugging. "Just wanna make a double album."

"Im gonna get a big ass house on Figure Eigth and go full kook" chimed in JJ.

"You're gonna go full kook?"

"Yup", he responded, popping the "p".

There was a silence as we pondered his words.

"That sounds nice." I finally said.

"Yup. Gonna get a marble statue of myself, and a pond with those... koi fish."

"I want a jacuzzi in my bathroom. Made of marble. And I'll have bubble baths in it and drink expensive wine".

They looked at me chuckling.

"I can picture it" JJ said softly, looking at me sideways.

"What about you, John B?" Kiara asked, looking back at him.

He thought for a moment, and raised his glass.

"To going full kook."

"To going full kook" we cheered.

My mind was sad, but somehow my heart smiled.

---

That night JJ walked me home again, and I was pleasantly surprised that my house was empty when I arrived.