Chhodunga Nahi Tujhe

A/N: Titu's reaction towards Sonu's ultimatum and well... you know what.

Warning: Auto corrects and typos are always behind my back so please forgive me for any mistakes. And please don't get mad at my attempt at typing Hindi, it is NOT my First or Second language so I am prone to make mistakes.

Titu was just staring at Sonu in shock. Never had he seen him in this kind of a distress before. He replayed the conversation they'd had last night and had to fight the urge to facepalm himself. By god he'd been so stupid yesterday when Sweety had revealed Sonu's plan and how he'd roped in Pihu through some clever planning. He's just a friend looking out for his friend god dammit! When has Sonu's instincts ever gone wrong?

But then, it was also partially his own fault here... hell, maybe he's the root cause for the while drama that is currently happening around here. He's brought out of his musings by Sweety, whose looking at him with a serious look on her face.

"Tumhare paas do option hi hai. Ek toh tum maanlo ki main sach keh rahi hoon aur shaadi karo mere saath, yeh soch kar ki woh shaayad sach tha. Ya phir, tum uske paas jaao, yeh maankar ki woh sach keh raha hai, aur saare zindagi pachtaoge yehi soch kar ki main sach bol rahi thi. The ball is in your court." she said and stared at him, waiting for his reply.

"Tumhe patha hai?" Titu started, turning towards Sweety. "Aaj, pehle baar, maine Sonu ko rote hue dekh raha hoon itne saalon mein, the last time he'd cried was during his mom's death. Woh bhi, teen din sabko andhar dabake rakne ke baad khuli sab. And I was by his side all the time, waiting for the other shoe to drop." Titu said as he turned back towards the way Sonu went.

"Aur agar yeh ab ro raha hai, toh yeh naatak nahi ho saktha. And I will always be there to catch him. Yeh observation ki chakkar mein na, main ek baad bhool hi gaya. Mera jaan humesha pehle aatha hai, aur mera jaan humesha Sonu hai. Ek doosre ke bina hum jee  nahi sakthe" he declared as he removed the garland and gave it to her before proudly walking off the altar and out if the mandap, not turning back to look around, too intent on looking out for Sonu, who needed him right now.

He walked slowly, pondering on where it all had gone wrong. From a young age he'd prided himself to be observant. Yes, he can be a bit oblivious at times, naive even in some situations... but he was observant. He'd noticed how the bullying had stopped when Sonu did something to the bully, he'd seen how Sonu always seemed to cover him up for whatever mischief he'd done. He'd seen how Sonu always seemed to be by his side for anything and everything.

He'd seen how Sonu bottled up emotions until they overflowed,  he'd noticed how tight he'd clung onto him when he needed reassurance instead of going to any of the elders. He'd noticed the jealous look that Sonu had sent towards him when he tried (and miserably failed) to flirt with girls, but he'd brushed it off as Sonu just wanting to spend more time with his friend.

There had been one night, he could hazily remember, where Sonu had asked him about whether he was interested in having relationships with boys and he vaguely remember saying that he might, if he gets the right boy as he stared hard at Sonu. But he morning came along with hangovers that hit them so hard that they never thought of repeating the conversation when sober.

He knew that Sonu always tried to find faults with whoever he was in a relationship with and break them up. But to be fair, the reasons are always reasonable and valid, and turn out to be something he was slow to pick up with his observation skills. He'd always relied on Sonu's instincts as they'd never let him down. But at some corner of his mind, he wanted to prove Sonu wrong and hence, will try to go out with the girls, only to end up proving Sonu right when it wouldn't work out.

But something changed when Sweety came into the picture. He didn't know what he was thinking about when he decided to get married to someone but by the time he could reconsider the decision, his family had set up a meeting with another family to look at the girl and honestly, Sweety didn't seem like this sandy character who was trying to marry him with some motive.