"Hey, hey, look at me," I said kindly, holding her chin in my hand. "I am not going to let anything happen to anyone, okay? I'll die before I let that happen. I promise you that everyone will be safe- and I don't break promises."

I smiled at her, raising an eyebrow. She let a few tears fall, but quickly wiped them away and nodded, laughing quietly.

"I'll try to make sure nothing happens to you too," She smiled. I scoffed, ruffling her hair.

Suddenly the floor shook with intense ferocity. Ellie fell forward, and Hawk nearly face planted. I caught Ellie in either of my arms, and hoisted Hawk up on my calf. I leaned to the side, looking up. The giant had his two sets of hands clasped together, and two giant hands made of rock had risen of the floor. The beginning of the fighting festival, I'm sure, and those were our arenas.

The floor stopped shaking and I let the both of them go. Hawk hind-kicked the giant hand and Ellie stumbled back, looking gratefully to me. I winked at her, before looking up at the two men upon the rock platform, elevated above us. I glared, watching the vines unravel around the smaller figure. A sadistic smile spread across his face.

"Spirit Spear Basquias, 9th Form- Death Thorn!"

The vines around him shot out into dozens of spear-like vines, covered in thorns. They went out around him in every direction, diving down into the maze. Thousands of screams echoed out, people killed in an instant all throughout the maze. Every magical presence outside the center of this maze was extinguished within a few moments.

"Ellie get behind me," I growled.

She nodded, quickly getting behind me. She put her hands on either of my shoulders, peeking over my left side. Hawk was behind her legs, shaking as he stared up.

The man was outside of his vines now, they were all returning back to the mass of vines behind him. Huge, butterfly-like wings extended from his back, decorated with every color of the rainbow. He was shirtless, with loose pants that tightened around his ankles, where he wore small black shoes. He had a demon marking on his left pectoral.

King had flown up to meet the man mid-air. He stared, wide-eyed at him, "The death thorns are the fearsome barbs that grow atop the Sacred Fairy Tree... they can destroy things not even Sunflower can touch. A-and Basquias was given to the first chosen by the Tree... Didn't you die in the Holy War?! How are you still here? You are Gloxina... aren't you? The first fairy king?"

Oh, wow. I was right.

"Mmm, I have not been addressed that way in quite some time. I am of the Ten Commandments now. I am the Sabbath of the Day, Gloxina," He smirked at King, "I appreciate your recognition, though."

"But you fell 3,000 years ago!" King protested, leaning forward. I bit my lip- this isn't a good idea. "You were supposed to be the fair world's sworn protector, so why are you with the demons now?! Why are you one of the Ten Commandments?!"

"So you are a fairy? How are my people faring?" At the ignorance of his question, King growled.

"Answer me!"

"Then win," Gloxina countered, eyeing him, "And I will answer any question you wish."

King growled, but retreated back to the ground all the same. He looked horrified, staring at the ground with his teeth clenched as he sweat profusely. I glared up- I did not trust this situation at all.

"Well, then!" Gloxina shouted, smiling at the contestants. "Let's get this festival underway!"

"Not so fast! There's another contestant," I scowled at the voice, looking to the side as I watched him jump into the arena. He landed directly on top of Escanor, knocking him over harshly. He threw out a peace sign, "Gowther has arrived!"