you're safe now. | angst

a/n: I CANT STOP VENTING THROUGH THESE ONE-SHOTS IM S O RR Y
also i relate to shuichi more than kokichi so time for more shuichi angst 😭👋 oh oh and ftm shuichi here 😳

also tw for groping, implied rape, suicide, self-harm, starvation, catcalling,homophobic family members

Shuichi had a more feminine frame than others, meaning more men/boys were attracted to it. (sadly) He tried covering up as best as he could in an attempt to stop getting stared at. He tried to stay with at least one person he trusted and could help him out in any situation at all times. Never worked. He could simply be sitting in class before someone would try and put their hands all over him. He could be walking around and then get catcalled like it was no big deal. He was constantly teased about being gay (i.e. asking if he was the man or woman in the relationship, 'hOw dO yOu kNow yOu dOnt liKe pUssY??1?1?', etc.) It was all gross and made him very uncomfortable too. Not to mention he overthinks every situation, so that makes him even more uncomfortable. (i.e. if he were to feel as if someone were staring at him, he'd think of all the worst things they could do to him, which was never pleasant.)

He could never say anything about it either because his parents were homophobic. They'd just add onto the stress. Friends weren't usually an option either since for one he barely had any, and two he was afraid of what they'd say. He dealt with many fake and manipulative friends in the past, some still trying to use him.

Of course after bottling up all of this for so long it starts to take a toll on your health. Unintended starvation, random suicidal thoughts after anything happens, self harm something most do but he could never bring himself to do. The most he'll do it scratch his arm and peel some skin.

The only person he'd probably ever trust with any of this is Kokcihi Oma. His best friend.

Kokichi goes through roughly the same thing he does, so they help each other out. They've been through a lot together, relationships, family issues, fake friends. You name it, they've probably been through it.

Shuichi would never like to say anything about his problems though, thinking he is a burden if he does. Kokichi would pry some info out of him, but not to much that made him feel uncomfortable or bad.

That's how they are who they are today.

Even if they don't see or talk to each other as much, they'll always have each other's back. Always.

Even if one has lost ever will to live, the other will make sure to provide many reasons as why to stay.

They're determined to stay with each other. They're determined to make sure they never leave.

They are determined to stay friends forever.

a/n: i really don't know
what the end meant, i kinda just needed to vent rq 😙✌️