Chapter 12, "Sex with Your Ex?".

Începe de la început

He laughs, leaning over to his night stand opening the drawer and getting one out.

1 and a half hours later :

With Jen laying on top of his chest, Brad's hands are in her hair, messaging her scalp.

And he can't help but to feel like the luckiest man on earth.

Brad : You know... I've really missed you.

He tightens his grip on her, not wanting to let her go again.

Brad : I know I might not deserve you, or I know I don't... but I promise you this time, I will do anything to be the best man I can be.

Brad notices how she's not answering, looking down to see that her eyes are closed.

Brad : Are you asleep?

He kisses her forehead before he turns off the lights.

Brad : Good... I don't want you to know that I've gotten all soft.

The next morning :

Jen wakes up with a terrible headache, instantly making her regret the 4 or so glasses of wine she had yesterday.

Yet, she can't help but grin, remembering what happened last night.

Jen : Babe?

Getting out of the bed, covering herself with the covers, she notices how she's alone.

Her clothes are laying folded on the chair in the corner and not spread on the floor where she'd expect to find them.

Did Brad do that? Doesn't really seem like him to be organized.

With Brad not answering her, she throws on his shirt from last night, like she'd always do after they had hooked up, and she walks downstairs.

Jen : Brad?

Brad : In here!

She turns the corner to find Brad standing in the kitchen, making what looks like an omelette.

Wearing only a pair of sweatpants.

Jen : There you are.

Jen walks over to the refrigerator, behind him.

Jen : Got any water?

Setting the pan aside, Brad turns around to wrap his arms around her waist, before kissing her neck.

Brad : Here.

He grabs a bottle of Voss and hands it to her, before letting her go even though she'd rather stay in his arms.

Brad : I knew you'd wanna wear my shirt, so I left it out.

Jen : Oh, yeah... thank you.

Her face goes red, while taking a sip of her water and watching him squeeze oranges in a juice presser.

Brad : So.... last night...

Jen : Yeah.

Her smile gets even wider, as he brings up what she can't stop thinking about.

Brad : It was really great.

Jen : It was.

There's a moment of silence, while they just look at each other with admiration.

Jen : You've learned some new moves.

He laughs handing her a plate.

Later in the evening, at Jen's house : 

Knowing they'd wanna hear all about it, Jen calls the girls filling them in on last night.

And as always, she calls Courteney first.

Courteney : So.... are you back home now?

Jen : Yeah, I got home a couple of hours ago.

Courteney : He drove you home or?

Jen : Yeah.

Courteney : Mhm...

Jen can picture the look on Courteney's face by the tone of her voice.

Courteney : Did you...?

Jen : We did.

Courteney : You had sex?

Jen : Yes Court, we did. 

Courteney : How was it? Was it weird?

Jen : What?

Courteney : I mean since you slept with him 15 years ago... I've never broken up with someone and then slept with them that many years later...

Jen : It was...

Just thinking about it gives her butterflies.

These last few years she's kind of looked at sex as something "old" and not as exciting anymore.

I mean the early stage of her and Justin's relationship was amazing... but then it sort of slowed down.

But after last night... it's like she's been taken right back to her younger years, when everything about sex was new and exciting.

Jen : It might have been the best I've ever had.

Courteney : Are you just saying that because you haven't gotten laid in like 2 years?

Jen : No... I really don't think so.