Chapter 9: That itty bitty detail

Start from the beginning

"Dito kayo?" The doctor pointed at my open room's direction. "Ooohhh, so you guys are visiting the Kuya" sabi niya when she saw me.

"The kuya?" Jayjay asked and looked at Avie.

Avie pulled him to the side. "Let her through" she told Jayjay.

"May I?" The group made way for her to get through. Avie moved to my side para makuha nung doctor yung file sa side pocket, making her lean on the bed. Abot ko yung kamay niya so I held on it. Napatingin sakin si Avie, unsure if hihilahin niya o hahayaan niya lang. She chose the latter.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked me while taking the files Avie looked at.

"Ok naman po" I answered.

"Masakit parin?" the doctor asked.

"Hindi na po pag hindi ako nagalaw" I answered honestly.

"Your x-rays are showing na nabugbog lang yung flesh mo because your bones are fine." She inspected my arm. "Overall ok ka na naman, actually you don't need to stay here." She looked around the room Ted got for me.

"Avie does he exercise? Lift weights? Do extraneous activities of the sort?" The doctor asked Avie.

"Yes he does" Avie doesn't have that information. She's bluffing.

"Oh, baka nakalusot sayo, busy ka kasi lagi" the doctor winked at Avie. "Iho, there will be times na ok na yung pakiramdam mo, but you're not supposed to lift things and move a lot, this injury needs time to heal" the doctor told me.

"Siguro Avie, alisin mo muna yung gym niya or yung fitness equipment ninyo sa bahay, that way hindi siya makaka-exercise." The doctor assumed Avie and I live together.

The Jayjay looks confused, exchanging looks with Darylle. Darylle lifted her palm to hold his questions off. Jayjay frowned even more nung nakita niya yung kamay ko sa kamay ni Avie.

"Well, I see no reason for you to stay here" she again looked at Avie.

"Pwede na akong lumabas?" I asked the doctor. "Ted" I called Ted's attention. Naintindihan niya agad and he quickly stood close to the doctor.

"Yes, I ke-clear na kita for discharge" tuloy paliwanag ni Doc about what I can and can't do while writing on a page at the clipboard. She prescribed more medicines and gave a piece of paper to Avie.

Avie read the paper seeming to double check what was written. "Ok na po Tita, thank you po" the woman excused herself.

"Miss Avie, yung paper, ano gagawin ko?" Ted asked Avie.

"Oh, wait" Avie wrote something on the paper and gave it to Ted.

Ted read what Avie wrote and looked at Avie.

"It's ok, go" Avie told Ted.

Ted went out of the room. Lumabas din si Darylle, Deedee at Jayjay dahil gusto ni Deedee ng water.

Naiwan kami ni Avie sa room. I pulled on Avie's hand when she tried to move away.

"Hindi ka na galit?" I asked her.

"I honestly don't know what to feel, Victor" Avie replied.

"How can I make things right?" I sat up on the bed.

"Bigla kang nawala, what was I supposed to think?" Avie pulled her hand away and crossed her arms on her chest. "Hindi ko alam kung anong trip mo sa buhay kasi nung nasa hotel tayo gustong gusto mong pumasok sa buhay ko. I'm sorry kung akala mo hindi ko gusto because I hid you from my grandparents and Deedee kasi they have a tendency to overreact. Pero sana nagpakita ka noong ipapakila kita sa mommy ko"