twenty four ✰ "knox overstreet, you are quite the flirt."

Mulai dari awal

with a brush in hand, cameron shoved past scarlett and made his way to the mirror. 

"you're such an ass, cameron." 

"i had to fix my hair." cameron defended as he looked back at the mirror, pointing at his reflection. "you're so cute."

scarlett rolled her eyes as he ran a comb through his hair. with a smirk, todd reached out and ran a hand sloppily over cameron's hair, ruining it. 

"come on, todd." cameron whined. "i'm trying to fix this." 

"todd is just doing god's work, dick." scarlett joked as she and todd high-fived.

"come on, nuwanda!" rory hit the door of the stall that charlie was in. "you're taking a hell of a long time!"

"what's he doing in there anyway?" parker asked.

"he said something about getting red before we left." pitts answered. 

"getting red?" cameron questioned. "what does that mean?"

"it's charlie." scarlett smirked. "the possibilities are endless with that boy." 

after a few more seconds, the stall opens and charlie emerges, holding a small brush and a bottle of red paint.

"so, charlie," cameron began. "what's this 'getting red' bit?"

with a smirk on his face, charlie opens his unbuttoned shirt to reveal a large red lighting bolt painted down his chest.

the group looks at the lighting bolt, visible looks of confusion written on their faces. 

"w-what is that?" todd asked.

parker and scarlett shared a glance, both of the girls trying their best to contain their laughter. 

"this, my dear friends, is an indian warrior symbol for virility." charlie explained. "makes me feel potent, like it can drive girls crazy." 

rory looked down, trying to cover up her blush.

"well, it sure is working on rory." parker joked.

charlie grins as he buttons up his shirt. he puts an arm around rory's shoulders as everyone leaves the once crowded bathroom. 

the group walked outside, meeting john, who was standing outside of his blue vehicle.

as they all begin to climb into the car, knox pulls parker back by the hand. 

"captain, it doesn't look like there is a lot of room." knox pointed out. "is it okay if parker and i just walked and meet you guys there?" 

john nodded as he got into the car. 

parker waved to her friends as todd shut the door. 

the car drove away, leaving parker and knox in the cold. the two began to walk, their fingers intertwined. 

"the snow looks so beautiful." parker sighed. "the way it sticks to the trees, it's breathtaking."

"you're breathtaking." knox smirked as parker rolled her eyes. 

"knox overstreet, you are quite the flirt." 

"i try, babe, i try." knox joked.

"oh no, am i inflating your already insanely huge ego?" parker gasped. 

"hey, you like my flirty ego!" knox defended. "you find it endearing."

parker scoffed. "that's not how i would put it. god, knoxious you really are infuriating sometimes."

"you're infuriating too." knox grinned. "that's why we are so good together."

knox stopped walking as parker continued to walk. after a moment, she noticed the tall boy not walking beside her. 

she turned to look at the boy. "knox?" 

"you know," he began. "you really are a piece of work, but i love you for that."

parker's eyes widened as her body tensed up. 

"you are so real and don't withhold your thoughts. you're honest and are too good to be true. i couldn't help but fall in love with you the first time i saw you." 

parker bit her lips as tears formed in the corners of her eyes.

"when i held you while you cried, it killed me inside. i hated seeing you in so much pain but i was glad that i was there to comfort you."

knox paused for a moment.

he lets out a shaky sigh. "god damn it, parker mccallister, i am so fucking in love with everything about you. you're the best damn thing that has ever happened to me."

a tear falls down as parker lets out a soft giggle.

"i am in love with you too, idiot." parker confessed. "as much as you are a pain in the ass sometimes, i can't help but be head over heels for you, overstreet." 

a huge grin was painted on the two teens' faces.

"now, we've got to get going or we'll miss the play." 

with a grin, he spins as he walks to parker and puts an arm around her shoulders.

she laughs at his actions.

"god, you're such a dork."

"but i'm your dork." knox teased.

the two continued their walk to henley hall, feeling as if they were on cloud nine. 

author's note:

hello! sorry for not updating for 5 days. sometimes you've just got to take 5 days off  to think and watch house md (i fucking love that show like robert sean leonard as a doctor? best damn thing to ever happen since sliced bread).

anyways, next chapter is the play. get psyched y'all.