He watched her face as she slowly came into realisation and her eyes widened in glee. “So,” he continued, “you cannot kill me. My title, my being is of the dead. You cannot kill what is already dead.”

Ariel scrounged her nose in disgust and whispered, “Wait, you’re dead?”

He laughed, shaking his head and said, “It’s just figuratively speaking. This is my realm, my power, whoI am. If I were to disavow my title as King of the Underworld and god of death, then I could be killed.” Her heart fell to the pit of her stomach in fear, but he smiled reassuringly, “But there is nothing in this world that could make me demit what is rightfully mine.”

“So,” she whispered, looking at him with hopeful green eyes, “we can…?”

Hades nodded his head, pulling her jaw towards him with his index finger and whispered, “I am in love with you, Ariel. I did not think it possible, but the Fates must’ve graced me with you as a gift. It must be their way of apologising for letting me lay eyes on Telephone.”

She giggled, placing her arms around his broad shoulders and said, “Really?”

“I am madly in love with you,” he eyed her lips, wanting to taste them desperately and then up at her eyes, “I would fight an entire army if you merely asked. At the snap of your fingers, aүáпη μου, I would sit like Cerberus does when I command him to.”

Ariel laughed, caressing his cheeks and said, “I wouldn’t ask you to do that.”

“Then, what would you like? Ask for anything,” his grin widened as he inched closer, his minty breath fanning against her lips gently, “anything you want and I’ll get it for you, aүáпη μου.

Her green eyes became slightly crossed as he moved closer to her and she pressed her lips against his lightly. “I just want you, Hades—I’m not hard to please, just promise me you’ll be mine and I’ll do the same.”

Hades kissed her softly, his lips moving almost seductive against her own as he kissed her passionately. “I do not have to promise you that, aүáпη μου, for I am already yours.”

His fingers entangled in her hair, pulling her closer as he swiped his tongue over her bottom lip, urging for her to open her mouth. He grunted once she pulled him closer and wrapped her legs around his waist.

Hecate widened her eyes, feeling her cheeks heat up uncomfortably and turned around to give them their needed privacy—with or without Hades’ consent. If he needed her, he could go find her for she had nothing to hide.

Just as she was crossing the threshold of his room, a gurgled gasp escaped his lips and the goddess quickly spun to freeze in fear.  

Ariel’s green eyes were bright, almost completely white as she stared up at Hades and held unto him as if he was the only thing keeping her alive. In a way he was. Hecate gulped, not knowing what to do as she watched with horrified eyes as the young woman stole the god’s energy.

Hades groaned, holding himself upright with his arms on either side of her. There was no way to describe the feeling he was enduring; Ariel was literally sucking the vigour from him. She tried to let go of him, to control whatever beast had taken over her, but the hunger that had suddenly taken over her, was being sated.

“Ariel!” Hecate cried out, knowing that if she touched any of them, the succubus within Ariel would take her life and she was too selfish to give that up. “You have to let go of him!”

Tears slid down the sides of her cheeks as she fought with all her might to release her hold on the god’s life-force, but she couldn’t. Her beast was winning. It felt as if though her throat was being cleansed with cooled, heavenly water.