"why'd it have to be here of all places?" pope mutters. india turns to look at him, starting to get frustrated that no one is telling her anything. 

"she's this old lady that just can't seem to die" " jj finally explains, turning to india.

india turns to the rest of the group, her eyebrows high on her forehead. 

"that's it? the lady is an old woman?" she asks. her arms are crossed across her chest as she says this. 

jj chuckles, turning to her with wide eyes "there's a rumor that mrs. crain buried her husband's head on the property"

well, that changed things. 

the group stood there for a moment before finally entering the front yard. the high weeds made it difficult to see where they were going, but they managed to lay out a path. 

"honestly, i don't really believe the stories of this place" john b argues after a moment. 

india struggles to walk forward, her hand on jj's back as she tries to steady herself. 

"shh" pope shushes, turning to face john b. 

"what?" john b snaps back to him. 

"which stories did you hear?" jj asks kiara, curious to see what people say about the old lady. 

india listens as kiara turns to jj. "the one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since" she turns to him, her eyes wide as she pretends to be scared. "on certain nights, when the moon is full" her voice turns to a whisper "you can see her in the window" 

jj gulps, shaking his head at her. "no kie it's not funny, cause it's all true" 

"boo!" india scares jj. jj flinches, turning around as fast as he can. when he sees it's only india he rolls his eyes. 

"very funny, indi" he laughs out sarcastically. 

india and kie share a look before laughing at jj. 

"i swear to god, guys, this is all real. i knew hollis" jj continues. they step out into the open garden all of them looking around in shock as rock statues form a circle. in the middle is a fountain, dried up and half torn down. 

"this is some weird shit" india mutters as she starts walking behind jj again. 

"wait, you know hollis crain?" pope asks, looking at jj. 

jj nods, turning to him" "yeah, dude" 

while they went across the yard india can't help but fall deep into thought. she thought about the way that kiara had reacted when john b had told her about sarah cameron. while she considered the girl a friend, she couldn't help but wonder if kiara had said the same things about her. 

the difference, of course, was that india hadn't known kiara before coming to the island, but she was a kook after all, and she knew that at first, the group had probably been mad at jj for including her in everything. it made her feel insecure. 

she brushed off the thoughts as the group finally came to a stop in front of the house. 

"are you sure you wanna do this?" jj questions, turning to john b. "she's an axe murdered, and you got a cast on" he notes, motioning to the cast on john b's arm. 

"i don't give a shit if she's an axe murderer, okay?" john b replies, his tone on edge. "i got nothing to lose, right? you coming or what?" 

with that he starts walking again, kie and pope trailing behind him and leaving jj and india in the back.