Six

Ten days later...

Natalie's POV

It had been over ten days since Ignis attacked the New York and Hong Kong Sanctums, and everyone was on edge. On Saturday, October twelfth, Natalie woke up to sunlight shining through her window. Today was a sad day for Natalie, it was her birthday. Her mother always made her blueberry pancakes and iced tea, and then they'd spend the day together, even if Natalie had school. With her mother gone and Kamar-Taj training, Natalie doubted that she'd ever celebrate her birthday again. Happy birthday to me, she sang to herself. Natalie pushed herself out of her bed, and put on her green robes. Then. She made her way downstairs.

"Good morning, Natalie," Stephen said, holding a coffee mug.

"Good morning," Natalie replied. "What time should I be at Kamar-Taj?"

"You're not going to Kamar-Taj for training today," Stephen replied,

"Oh, are we staying here?" Natalie asked, confused.

"You're not training today," Stephen answered.

"Why?"

"Because it's your birthday!" An accented voice said. A portal opened up in the kitchen to reveal Uriah, wearing a blue v-neck shirt and jeans, stepping through.

"Oh!" Natalie exclaimed. "Well, thank you."

"No problem," Uriah said. "So I figured we'd go ice skating and then go out for brunch, and then maybe spend the rest of the day here?"

Natalie's eyes widened.

Uriah blushed. "I mean, if you want to," he said.

"Of course I do!" Natalie said. "I can't believe that you coordinated something like that!"

"You're my best friend," Uriah replied. Then blushed redder than a tomato. "I-I, your my only friend."

Natalie cheeks heated up. "Your my best friend,"

Uriah looked relieved.

"Why don't you change out of your robes and then you and Uriah can head out," Stephen suggested.

Natalie nodded and told them she'd be right back. Natalie put on a long-sleeved green dress that went down to her knees. Casual yet pretty. Then, she put on her black snow boots. It was cold that day even though it was only the beginning of October. Natalie even took five minutes to put on makeup; something that she never did. She wouldn't admit that she wanted to look nice for Uriah.

When she walked back to the kitchen, Uriah stared wide-eyed at her. "What?" She asked.

"I- nothing- you look nice," He stuttered

The butterflies in Natalie's stomach were more like a flock of birds. "Thank you," She replied.

"Have fun you two," Stephen said, and Uriah made a portal to the local ice skating rink.

"This might be a bad time to mention that I've never skated in my life," Natalie said.

"Me either," Uriah laughed. "Guess we'll figure it out together!"

They put on the ice skates that they rented, and made there way to the rink. Uriah grabbed the wall, but Natalie decided to go all in. She pushed off on her pack foot, glided a few inches, and then would've face-planted if Uriah didn't grab her arm. "Maybe I should use the wall," Natalie said.