Chapter 2 - Magic of a moment

"I-I’m [your first name]." Your heart raced in your chest like crazy while you almost stumbled over your own name. You slowly raised your head again only to be greeted again by Taka’s carefree smile.

"It’s nice to meet you, [your first name]." The singer said as your eyes met again. And the longer you both looked at each other the more you calmed down. You smiled back at him feeling happy, that fate had let you meet Taka.

"It’s nice meeting you too, Taka." You finally said meaning every word of it. You paused for a moment before deciding to apologize for interrupting their time in the karaoke box. "I’m really sorry for disturbing you guys."

You say bowing your head again in apology but the young man just shook his head laughing. "I guess I should apologize for luring you into here." He said running a hand through his dark hair, the smile never leaving his lips or eyes.

"But to be honest I’m not sorry." Taka continued earning a few chuckles from his friends and band mates. "Your singing was really good and it made me wish to give the song a try myself."

You felt your cheeks heat up as the information sunk in that it was the singer of your favorite band who overheard you singing a few minutes ago. "So I think it was bound to happen that you’ll hear me sing ‘Stay with me’."

The young man said in a happy tone making the uneasy feelings which were growing inside of you disappear. The realization that Taka had liked your singing, send a tingling feeling down your spine.

"I’m glad that you were listening in. It’s always fun to meet a fan and you’re a talented one as well." The singer said and Toru next to him simply nodded. You smiled again your cheeks still slightly red.

"You sang way better than me but I’m happy to meet you too." You said and this time your voice wasn’t shaking. "It’s good to hear that." Taka said and in the next moment he gestured towards the couch standing a few feet away from him.

"If you’ve the time I would love you to join us. The more people we are the more fun we’ll have." The singer said giving you another grin. You hesitated for a moment. Would it be really okay for you to sit with OOR and their friends?

But on the other hand Taka invited you himself and the others didn’t seem to mind. You glanced at them for a moment and they nodded at you smiling. After another moment of thinking you decided to stay.

Maybe this was the first and last opportunity to spend some time with your favorite band. Maybe you would develop a friendship and maybe you would part ways leaving you with a precious memory.

You slowly nodded before following Taka and the others over to the couch and sitting down between them. After Taka next to you introduced the rest of them to you, he grabbed the remote and began scrolling through the list of songs.

While the singer was busy searching a new song to sing the others started asking you random questions. They wanted to know how old you were, what your job was and a lot of other things.

You answered their questions and asked a few simple questions in return. Ryota told you their band was on a break for a few days before they would start rehearsing for their upcoming tour.

At that moment Taka turned around another grin on his face. "Be silent now, guys and watch me scoring higher than anyone else. And with that he turned forward again and a moment later a familiar song started playing.

Your lips curled up into a soft smile as he sang to the first tunes and before long you were completely into the song. And even though Taka was singing one of his own songs you didn’t mind because hearing it live was way different than listen to a CD.

… All my problems they will run away from you and I see
All the angels sit and stare at you
You are everything but not today…

You got goose bumps all over your body as you listened to Taka sing nearly forgetting where you were. You felt somehow spellbound and your love for ONE OK ROCK grew with every passing minute.

You really thought that Taka was an amazing singer. You felt your cheeks heat up once more as you remember this singer praising your own singing. And as if the young man had read your thoughts he turned towards you giving the microphone.

It took a few seconds to realize that he wanted you to continue the song. You felt your cheeks flush even more and even though your heart was pounding hard in your chest you managed to sing.

…I'm so down and out' cause
something is wrong without you
When you're not around
Just shadows and rain fall
Wait till tomorrow
I'll wait…

As soon as the last words had left your mouth Taka leaned a little forward and the next thing you knew were that you were singing the next lines together. You voices melted into each other and you began enjoying the song even more.

You stole a glance at the others and for a moment your eyes widened a little. Tomoya had his cell phone in hand filming yours and Taka’s duet. You knew that the liked making video’s and taking pictured but you never thought you would be part of one.

The drummer gave you a beaming smile and you smiled back shyly before turning your attention to the screen again. Taka let you sing the next lines before gently snatching the microphone out of your hand.

Your fingers brushed for a second or two and you quickly looked down. You listen to Taka’s singing once more and after a while you looked back up and your and the singer’s eyes locked again.

Taka’s lips behind the microphone showed a smile as his eyes wandered from you towards the camera. He continued smiling happily as he put all of his feelings into the song while finishing it.

…Falling with you
Only you
Always you
You're so beautiful to
me It's true
Amazed by you
I know I'm falling…

You clapped along with the others as Taka stood up bowing before his audience. Once he was done he started clapping towards you and the others followed suit. You quickly jumped up and bowed too.

After that the two of you sat down again and Toru was pushed up in order to perform. You laughed along with the others as he took his time choosing a song wearing a grim expression.

It was weird but you somehow felt like you knew the boys for ages instead of a few minutes. They were easy to talk to and funny, making you laugh again and again. You felt so happy being able to hang out with them.

Time flew really by and before anyone of you knew their time in the karaoke box was over as well. Still chatting with each other you grabbed your things and went outside together.

"I had a great time, guys! Thank you for inviting me." You said smiling while bowing your head slightly in thanks. "We had a fun time too and it doesn’t have to end yet, you know."

Taka said grinning at you. You tilted your head a little and looked at him questioningly and the singer just chuckled. "We’re going to a bar now if you have the time you could come with us."

You thought for a moment while quickly checking the time on your cell phone. It was still early so why not accept this invitation. The guys were all great and you were sure going drinking with them would be fun as well.

So you grinned back at Taka who took it as a yes and began leading the way. You and the others followed after him talking about random things again. Being together with ONE OK ROCK still felt like a dream but you knew this was real.