Chapter 1

8 years have passed since that fateful day of you turning into a demon and you are now 14 (sorry if you aren't I just wanted an appropriate age that would match up). During those 8 years, you and  your mother, Tamayo, went to the big city Asakusa, Tokyo and helped people with diseases and things around that area.

One of patients by the name Yushiro had turned into a demon after your mother offered him to continue living in exchange for his humanity. He was very frail and was fighting off a disease and took up the deal and stayed with you and your mother as another assistant which was a load lifted off your back. You and him got along very well, but of course got into a couple of childish arguments here and there where Tamayo came to stop before it escalated.
Then one day Yushiro asked for a favor.

"Hey Y/N."

"Yeah what'a up Yushiro?"

"Do you know what kind of flowers your mom likes...?"

"Oh?"

You wiggle your eyebrows know he tryna pull moves.

"Sh-Shut up! Just- can you go into town and get whatever flower she likes...?"

"Why can't you just get them?"

You whine and slump onto the table.

"B-because! Just please get them Y/N. I'll even give you money to buy those cookies you like!"

He gives you enough money for the flowers and the cookies and you snatch it.

"Pleasure doing business with you sir."

And you walk off in a good mood that you'll get to eat your number 1 comfort food.

"Remember to try to not bump into anyone okay?"

"Yeah yeah don't worry about me! I'll be back soon!"

You walk out and Yushiro had a small smile on his face.

The beautiful lights glimmered in the night sky in the big city with street markets open and amazing aromas everywhere. You go to your favorite cookie market and buy some. The old woman who works there with her grandson greets you by name since you go there so often.

"Ah Y/N-chan you're back again I see."

"Hi Mrs. Toshino! Can I get my regular? Oh hi Tahashi!"

You make it to the stall and saw Mrs. Toshino's grandson in the background pulling out a fresh batch.

"Oh Y/N! This is like the what? Fourth time this week?"

"Shut it! You'll never find a more loyal customer than me! Don't forget who's supporting your business."

"Alright alright you two. But yes thank you Y/N, you truly are our number 1 customer. It's nice to know that my old self can do something well for once."

"Hey don't say that Mrs. Toshino! You're not that old. You look like you're in your early 60's!"

"Haha! You know that's not true Y/N! Butter her up more and her ego will explode!"

Mrs. Toshino hits Tahashi in the back of the head a bit ticked off by her grandson and smiles back at you.

"Thank you Y/N you're too sweet"

She gives you the bag of cookies and tells you she added in an extra and you thank her happily and put in your bag and walk away to the flower market for Yushiro. You quickly get the flowers and was about to go home when you heard a scream and a crowd circling around. You quickly put the flowers in your bag, careful not to ruin the beauty.

You head into the circle and see a boy on top of a man that supposedly seemed to have turned into a demon with the police around him. The city never really had a demon case so this is unnatural for them, but the boy seems to have known. The police kept telling him to get off the man and the boy kept refusing and just before the police rose his baton to hit him, you smell the all too familiar scent floating around.

"Enchanting Blood, Aroma of Visual Fantasy."

You heard the faint chant from a bit further in the crowd and saw your mother and Yushiro. You walk over and stand next to them.

"Mom? Yushiro? What are you doing in town?"

"Y/N! I should ask you the same thing."

"Went to go get some goods heehee."

You smile and look at Yushiro's direction and giving him an okay sign knowing his secret is safe. He gave a sigh of relief and looked back to the scene.

Tamayo's flower patterns surround the boy. He looks up and looks alert and a bit panicked. He looks around and you decided to walk up to him with your mother's permission of course.

While he's still looking around you let out a small giggle causing him to look in your direction.

"You don't have to worry, we aren't here to fight."

You give a small smile and rose your arms to reassure him you had no ill intent.

"W-we?"

"Yup. My beautiful mother and a much less beautiful Yushiro."

You point in their direction and they walk to where they're visible to him.

"You still use the term 'person' to refer to even a transformed demon. And you're trying to save him. Then allow me to lend you a hand."

The boy didn't look persuaded talking about our scents. Tamayo tells him that she was a demon, but also a doctor and how she wished to annihilate Kibutsuji.

"I shall take the man off your shoulders and send someone to come get you. I thank you for your cooperation."

She bows and Yushiro takes the man away from the boy. The three of you walk away and you took a quick glance at him once more before disappearing from sight.

"Y/N, sweetie I want you to go with Yushiro to take the boy here okay? I don't really trust that he's going to be nice."

Yushiro always had a bad temper and didn't really like a lot of people so he usually starts pointless arguments.

"Alright! Let's head out Yushiro!"

"I should be the one saying that! I'm the one at the door."

"Shut up and go."