"You don't know how happy I am to see you both!" He said, his breath struggling to slip out as his heart skipped in excitement.

"It's so good to see you well." Lucille said, her hands reaching to hold his tightly, shaking his arms in her grip. "I've been waiting for this for so long. For the three of us together again."

It seemed that Dawson's lifestyle was anything but sedentary. Talking fast was clearly a habit that he hadn't lost. His fun and excitable ways knocked Tommy from the present immediately, reminding him of the unbelievable stories that he would tell in the loft all those years ago.

He may have been wearing something that Tommy would never have placed him in with a flashy tie and slicked, smooth hair, but he was still Dawson. He was still the same man that convinced him to warm out, coaxed him from a slump and pushed him toward a woman who he now loved more than anything. And Tommy imagined he had plenty more stories to tell and ideas to share.

"I was told you owned a club." Lucille's question shook him from his unusual day dream.

The room that Dawson had led them into looked nothing like the club that Tommy could imagine she had pictured. There were small circle tables placed around the room, with delicate, white covers draped over them and cutlery set perfectly. But he could see the flashes of gold in the wall decorations, the mirrors that covered the wall and the large stage that was hidden under a plate table.

"I do. It doubles as a tea room in the afternoon." Dawson said proudly as he sat them at a table that was more set apart that the rest. "Had to get my love of food in the business somewhere."

He laughed as he sat down, casting a curious glance between the two, before his eyes landed on Tommy. He shook his head, warningly. He knew what Dawson wanted to say, or question. But the man's eyes widened as he realised something, his hands moving quickly to pick a fancy, fresh plate from a waiter as he passed.

"Speaking of food. Here." He said, lifting the silver lid and exposing a tray of warm, lavender cakes. "Just like the ones you made us in France."

"Though, I have to say: not as good." Dawson said, watching as she brought one to her lips, taking an eager bite.

The tase took over his senses as soon as he even smelled the light scent of lavender that reached his nose. It took Tommy back once again. To the day he had helped her bake. To the day he had first kissed her, making her aware of his strong feelings.

"It's good to see you again Dawson." Lucille said quietly. She had obviously been shaken by the memories too.

"It's funny, everyone still calls me that. I like it better than Jack." Dawson replied softly.

"I could never see you as a club owner." Lucille said, making him laugh as he shrugged.

"Neither could I. Or my mum." He said.

Looking around fondly at his club, Dawson smiled fondly. He was proud of all he had accomplished, rightly so. It was quickly becoming one of the most popular in London.

"But it's done me well."

"And Ethel?" Tommy asked, making Dawson roll his eyes at the mere mention of the woman.

"Don't get me started." He wafted a hand forward dismissively. "Ever since the club became popular she's been all over me. I thought her husband sent someone to beat me up about it, but it was just your mates."

Dawson's eyes widened, having just remembered what he had wanted to ask Tommy. Lucille looked over in questioning as he leaned over.

"What's that about then?" He asked with a chuckle, his hand absentmindedly drifting to his chin where he had been hit. "What you started a street gang or something?"

Tommy remained quiet, his brow raised, answering Dawson's question without any words. The man's eyes widened impossibly further, and Tommy finally spoke up before he could say anything more.

"Lucille has something to tell you on the behalf of both of us." He said, nodding forward.

"Tommy!" Lucille hissed, glaring at him as he pushed her to announce their news. She had wanted to decide when to say it, and that moment definitely wouldn't have been her immediate choice.

She turned smiling after she sighed. Her hand was placed on top of Tommy's on the table, and Dawson eyes it knowingly, waiting for the broadcasting of their feelings that he had known about ever since they had first laid eyes on each other. But shay Lucille said next, made him splutter in surprise, the air knocking from his lungs in disbelief.

"Well, we have a child together." She said, hesitation evident in her low voice. "Her name is Adds, Ada after her Aunt."

Dawson stares at them both, waiting for them to jump apart and at least yell that it was a joke. But no such shout ever came, and the pair remained silent, their hands interlinked.

"Bloody hell!" He exclaimed, standing up, a wide smile finally breaking in his face once again. "It took a second to sink in. Well, congratulations!"

"A bottle of champagne, Jim!" He said, turning to order from the waiter, who dipped his head in acknowledgment.

"It's midday." Lucille said, her eyebrows raising as the bottle was placed in the middle of the table, three glasses along with it.

"That shouldn't stop us." Dawson shrugged

Tommy laughed, accepting the drink and the congratulatory handshake that was held his way. He had missed this more than he had thought.

Unedited
Back from my break!
Would love to know
which other books
I should update x