"You don't have to buy anything. Your school fees have catered for your feeding. Well except you don't want to eat cafeteria food." He told me.

"Wait, for real?" I asked and he nodded a smile playing on his lips. "Seriously, I'm beginning to love this school even more," I added and he chuckled.

"Come on, let's go. Skye and the others are probably waiting." He said, taking my hand and pulling me along.

"The others?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yes. Don't worry you'll love 'em." He assured me and then led me to the cafeteria.

The senior school had its cafeteria making it less rowdy. We lined up to get our food, with students I guessed were seniors, coordinating the queue so that everything would be orderly and fast. The food was white rice and meat sauce with chicken. The aroma was nice and I hoped it tasted just as good as it smelled. I got bottled water and bigi tropical along with my food, placed it on a tray before following Mateo to where he was leading me to. Suddenly, someone bumped into me and something fell from the person's hand.

"Oh my God, are you blind!"  A high-pitched voice shrieked and I looked to see a dark skin girl glaring daggers at me. I looked to the floor and saw that it was her phone that had fallen.

"I'm so sorry. Let me help with that." I made to bend and pick but she snapped at me.

"Don't dare touch my phone." She growled and I stepped back, frowning. She then picked it herself. "You are so lucky the screen isn't broken." She hissed and walked away. I looked at Mateo who shrugged.

"Ignore her. That's the best punishment for Tolani." He said. We began working again.

"You know her?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, she's someone I honestly can't ignore. You'll get used to her." He told me as he reached the table. I furrowed my brows, about to ask him what he meant by I'd get used to her when I heard my name.

"Elyon." It was Skye. I smiled as I finally paid attention to the table Mateo and I had stopped at. It was a long table with long chairs at both sides and the chairs were had people on them. One guy and three girls including Skye. Mateo led me to sit beside him.

"Mateo, would you like to do the introduction?" Skye asked me with her usual cheery smile playing on her lips.

"Don't mind if I do." Mateo looked and me and smiled then face everyone. "Guys, I'd like you to meet Elyon. She's new here." He then faced me. "Elyon, these are the 'guys'." He made air quotes with his fingers.

"Hey, there are three girls here." One of the girls glared at Mateo who in turn rolled his eyes.

"I know you understand what I'm saying, but you just want to antagonize me, Chidinma." He said and Chidinma smiled before looking at me, the same smile playing on her face.

"Hi, Elyon. As the Buffon has said, my name is Chidinma but you can call me chichi. Welcome to our boring school." She stretched her hand, gesturing to the building, just like Mateo had done in the morning.

"Do you guys always call the school boring? Mateo said the same thing this morning." I stated with a smile.

"It's like a tradition. We tell every new student that the school is boring but it is at the end of the day, with all the activities and drama that they realize the school is not boring." The other girl spoke and I nodded in understanding.

"Oh, I get the irony now." I smiled and she smiled back looking at Skye.

"I like her already." She said and I laughed, Skye giggling as well.

"I told you, you would," Skye said.

"I'm Vanessa by the way." The girl introduced before she slapped the other guy on his hand. "And this mute fellow..."

"Haba. I'm not mute." He spoke up for the first time since I got to the table.

"Then talk, like a normal person. You are too quiet at very weird times." Vanessa rolled her eyes.

"I'm not supposed to talk while I'm eating. It's bad table etiquette but none of you will know." He snapped back and Vanessa rolled her eyes again, while the rest of us on the table found their banter cute. The guy looked at me and smiled.

"Don't mind this childish girl. I'm Somadina by the way, you can call me Soma for short. The most mature one in this group." He bragged.

"Tahh! For your mind." Vanessa attacked him again and they continued that banter.

"Las las, both of you will still date," Skye said and everyone laughed.

"This crazy one, never!" Soma recurred, his face scrunched up.

"Who wants to date you before?" Vanessa hissed. I laughed along with the others as I got familiar with the new faces and Mateo turned out to be right about them. They were chill.

"Oh, Jamal is here." I heard Chidinma say and my head jerked up in a flash.

He was around alright and he was walking towards us, typing away on his phone. I felt my heart pick up a beat. I haven't seen him since the dinner at his house last Wednesday and I've been eager to.

Why I was eager? I did not know.

"J. J." It was Somadina that called this time and Jamal looked up from his phone.

His eyes met mine.

My heart flipped.

A/N
Double blessings on Sunday! I know you guys love me right now bah.

Anyway, this is another update. I've actually had this chapter hidden as a draft since yesterday so I decided to update today. But don't expect, frequent updates for EOTS after this because I want to calm down with this book.

I also don't want to update in a scattered way. So I after this, my next update would be next Friday and the Friday after that and on and on like that. Basically every Friday sha. If it's not constant, then it's definitely school work but I'll try to make it constant.

Jamal has a therapist that he sees three times in a week.

Y'all have met the rest of the group. If you can't remember their faces you can go back to check the characters.

Seems like Jamal is quite Smitten by Elyon and vice versa. Too fast? I don't think so tell me what you think.

Don't forget to also vote and share.

Kisses. 😘😘