Dick wanted it to be him, lifeless on the forest floor, instead of his baby sister.

He'd trade his life for hers a million times. 

But God wasn't a just merchant when it came to lives. He never was.

It wasn't fair.

"Dick?" Jason asked, grabbing his brother's shaking fist. Jason knew exactly what Dick was thinking and managed to calm him down, murmuring reassurances about Sevy's death.

Jason was angry.

Angry at whatever God was up there, at Baldie, at the whole world. Angry at Sevanna for marching into a battle without a second thought about the rest of them.

But most of all, he was angry at himself.

He had spat fiery words and hurtful insults at Sevanna. He had pushed her away when all she needed was to be held close. He had been such a terrible brother, and Jason wished that he could go back in time, hold her close and tell her how much he really needed & loved her.

You never realize how much you need someone until they're gone. Jason didn't understand that phrase fully until his sister was blown to bits.

He never realized how much he needed to hear her laughter ring through the Manor once again, or see her pissed and angry and yelling profanities. He never realized how much he needed to see her smile at him one last time, or how much he needed to have her mercilessly tease him again with the goofiest grin plastered over her lips.  

He needed and wanted her back. Since that wasn't possible, the second best thing to that would be slitting Baldie's throat.

So he listened in and prepared himself for the bloodiest murder Jason would ever commit.

****************************************************

TIMESKIP A FEW HOURS

Briar raced up the stairs, having forgotten her favorite battle axe in her room. They were heading out to the factory now to take down Baldie and the Viper. Nightwing,Selma, Jean-Pierre and Red Hood already gone ahead to scout out the perimeter. Now it was only her, Morgan and Andre and Christopher in the HQ, ready to bust in as phase two of their plan.

"Hurry your ass up!" Andre yelled up to her.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going as fast as I can!" Briar shouted down to them in annoyance, bolting down the hallway before stopping at her door. She punched in her keycode and unlocked her door, slipping into her dark room.

"Looking for this?" A strange voice asked, tossing her axe her way. Briar caught it, immediately on guard, scanning the shadows for the source.

"Who's there?" Briar asked, holding her axe defensively. 

A woman in a deep violet hoodie and black skinny jeans slipped out into the square of moonlight in the middle of the room, tilting her head. One of the sleeves were limp, but the unknown woman still held her ground, an air of power and slyness around her. The hood was raised over her face, but Briar could recognize her anywhere. 

She was an old friend. Immediately Briar broke out into a big grin.

"You sneaky little bastard." 

****************************************************

"Dear God!" Alfred cried out, looking at the body cam footage on the Batcomputer.  Tim was frantically giving heads-up through the communications as the Batboys and TMC dove into battle, and it was bloody.

"Yeah Alf, it's crazy." Tim commented, working furiously on disabling all backup security systems. Alfred watched in horror as Jason blew a man's head clean off. "Jay please, it's too much gore." Tim groaned, looking away from the camera for a few seconds, implementing the alarm system override to the factory they were in.