Chapter two - A jumbled mess

Tony's POV:
After putting Peter to bed, I went down to work on something in the lab. " Tony, Peter seems to be in destress. " I heard FRIDAYs voice echo through the silent room. I put down what I was doing and walked to his room. I saw Peter curled up, wimpering with tears streaking his cheeks.

I rushed to his side and shook him. " N-no....d-dont! " I heard him yell as he woke up. He was visibly shaking, and he looked horrified.

He sees me and hugs me tightly. I hug him back, and try to calm him down. " Th-they were going t-to get y-you... " Peter muttered into my shoulder. " It's ok. I'm here now, it's ok. " I put him down on his bed, and waited till he was asleep to patrol around the city.

I spotted a young girl, walking in the shadows. She was younger than Peter, maybe six. I heard a gunshot, and saw the girl dodge, and began running at the pursuer. She grabbed his gun swiftly, and held it up to him. I flew behind her, and the attacker looked visibly shook. Did I say she dodged? No she was holding her bleeding arm behind her back.

She whirled around and looked at me. She started shaking, and dropped the gun she clearly didn't know how to use. " Woah, woah it's ok! I'm not going to hurt you. " I said holding my hands up. The young girl let's down her hood, and I can see her face. She has hazel eyes, that flash green. She has dark brown hair that is shortly cut.

I put my hands down, and pick up the gun. She tenses and her eyes go red. She covers her face with her hands, but flinches when she moved her injured arm. I toss the gun aside and crouch down at her level. The kid uncovers her face and her eyes flash back to hazel. That's not normal, right? I spray some pain killers on her arm, and she hugs me. I hug her back, and she runs into the streets.

Peters POV:
I woke up again and Dad wasn't there. I rubbed my eyes, it was still dark out. He must be on patrol I thought to myself. I remembered my nightmare and shuddered. I heard dad's suit whirring outside, and relaxed a bit. I heard Uncle Steve open his door, and Tony telling him something. I couldn't make it out, but I didn't want to eavesdrop.

All I heard was something about a girl, with red eyes. I heard aunt Wanda wake up, and look down. " There's a kid that's like meeeeee? " I heard her shout. " Shhhhhhh! " I heard Tony and Steve hiss in unison. " Sorry! " She whispers back loudly.

When she goes back in her room, Tony rolls his eyes and sighs. He notices me and smirks. " Hey, Pete. " I wave, and Steve waves back. I yawn and slip back into my room to sleep. I curl up, hoping for no more nightmares.

When I wake up, there's something on the chair in my room. I rub my eyes, and walk over. There was a note that read, ' Here Pete, made ya this to replace whatever you had before. - Tony ' I open it and smile. It's a cool suit that's red with a webbed design. There's a bit of blue on the sides, and on the sleeves. There is a spider sign on the front, and a larger one on the back. I put on the suit and tell Tony I'm heading out.

Brandy's POV:
(The little kid)
After the encounter with that iron suited guy, I've been thinking alot. I stopped by a alley and curled up in the dark.

I woke up feeling someone staring at me. He was in a weird red spider suit. I felt my eyes flash red for a second, and then flash normal. He steps back and mutters something. I remember I have school and look around for my bag. I didn't even notice that the spider kid was around my age. I find my bag and he tilts his head. " I gotta go to school. " I explained hurriedly. He seems to realize something and webs away somewhere. Woah. That's cool.

When I get to school I see a nerdy looking older kid running behind me. I stop walking and wait. I notice he's being chased by that bully Flash. I see the kid trip, and I dash in front of him. I shield him from Flash as he gasps on the ground with fresh blood and bruises on his face.

" Move outta the way, freak! " He yells at me. I ignore the name and stand ground. Flash punches me square in the nose, I remember that he's older than me and I feel blood seap down from my nose. Flash keeps hitting, and kicks me in the gut. I still stand ground and feel the kid shaking behind me.

I hear the bell and Flash glares at me. " This isn't over, freak! " He runs towards the doors and I look behind me. When I move I clutch my stomach and groan. He looks at me concerned. " You didn't have to do that. " He says as I reach to grab his hand. I wipe blood from my face.

I spot my friend Wade, who is probably around that kids age. Wade sees me and rushes over. " What happened to you?! " He asks kinda loud making me flinch. " Flash happened. " The kid behind me speaks up. Blood keeps dripping from my nose, and the cuts on my face bleed a bit. My bruises throb. I walk with Wade to the nurse's office, and I wave goodbye to the kid. He waves back.

After I get bandaged up, I head to class. Class is always easy, I guess seven year olds are supposed to be dumb or something.

I was walking to lunch to eat with Wade, when I felt someone push me against the wall. I looked up alarmed, it was Flash. " Give me you money, freak. " I start shaking, " N-no! " I growl. He kicks me in the gut. I start coughing up blood. Oh no, not now... I fall to my knees, coughing up blood violently.

I glance up expecting a smart remark. But I see Wade with Flash pushed against a wall. " Stay away from her, got it smarta__?! " I hear Wade growl. I try to stand up and fall back down clutching my stomach. I see Flash run away and glare at me.

Wade crouches beside me, and helps me up. " Thanks, Wade. " " No problem! " He says smiling. We walk into the lunchroom, and buy food. I spot the kid from this morning sitting alone. " Hey, Wade let's sit with him. " " Ok." Wade shrugs.

I stand beside the kid. " Mind if we sit here? " The kid looks up surprised, and sees all my bandaged and fresh bruises. " Yeah, you can sit here I don't mind. " He says guiltily. I set my tray down and sit down, Wade sets his tray beside me. I'm small compared to them, but I'm not ignorant. I cough a bit into my napkin, and hide it in my hoodie pocket.

Peter must've seen it, and gave me a worried glance. I clear my throat. " So, uh what's your name? " The older kid looks surprised. " Peter Stark. " I nod but the notice his last name. " Is your dad that Ironman, dude? " I ask curiously. Peter nods and I show him my arm, that's still wrapped in the pain killers. " He saved me last night. " I laugh.

Peters eyes grow large. " Can your eyes turn red? " He asked. I shift at the question and glance at Wade. I concentrate, and my eyes go red. I flash them normal and Peter seems deep in thought. Wade keeps glancing at my arm. " So, what happened? " He said looking into my eyes now.

" First of all, I'm Brandy. I dunno my last name, so don't ask. Oh, some weird dude shot me. I tried to dodge but I was too tired. You know me, sleeping isn't my thing. " Wade furrows his eye brows. I notice both older boys are studying my injuries. I cover my arm with my sleeve again. I shift uncomfortably.

Wade seems to be saying, ' eating isn't your thing either, huh? ' in his gaze. I get up to throw away my food, after I ate very little. I threw it away, trying to prevent my stomach from growling. Peter looks me up and down. " So, what's up with your disease or whatever? " I choke when he finishes. I clear my throat again. " It's nothing. " I mutter. Wade and Peter exchange looks that read, ' mhmmm yeah right. '

" Really, I'm fine- " " Show me your arm again. " Peter said, interrupting me. I show him my arm and he gives me a worried glance. " Where do you live? " He asks firmly. " Uhm... I don't really live anywhere. " Peter worry deepens. " Do you have any parents? " The question hits me like a brick wall. " N-no. " I answer shakily.

Peter seems to think for a very long time. " I'll text my dad to see if you can come over. " He said getting his phone from his pocket. He texts for a while and I shift uncomfortably. " Ok, he says you can ride to my house with me. " I nod and think for a while.

------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter, I'll keep writing more!😊