he shakes his head, running his hands through it as little pieces of paint come off. 

india makes a disgusted face before pushing jj's head away from her. 

she cringes. "jj, i think that's just dandruff"

"look at all that. alright?" he motions to the flecks of paint that just flew off from his head. "that's paint" he spits out, heaving in breaths. 

he looks into the distance "at that point, i was just like... i'm waiting for death" 

india laughs at his demeanor, loving the way that jj seems to be exaggerating everything. jj turns to look at her. 

"what? it's true." he calls out before shaking his head and looking out the mosquito screen that lines the front porch. 

"well, you said it was the guys that shot us, right?" pope asks, looking at jj. 

"yeah" 

"do you know what they looked like? something that could help us maybe?" india asks, leaning back in the couch. 

jj stays silent for a moment, trying to think of a word. 

"burly" 

india looks at him with a disappointed face. "burly" she repeats with a grimace, sighing and leaning her head back. 

"thanks, jj. that description helps a lot" kiara mumbles under her breath. 

jj sighs and rolls his eyes, clearly frustrated with the situation. 

"okay, well, no. like the type of guy at my dad's garage" he explains quickly, his hands moving in front of him. he motions to the pogues "i mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smuggles" he continues, grasping at whatever he can say to make a point. 

india's head tilts to the side, and she gives him a look before watching the rest of the crew. 

"yeah, we know" kiara responds blandly, looking at jj with slight desperation. 

jj nods. "well, then i can tell you with full confidence that these boys- these killers" he leans against the brick wall, pulling out his juul. 

india found that atractive 

"they're square groupers" he finishes, walking towards pope and the rest. 

"and i can tell by the way that ms.lana was screaming that these guys- they were for real" he declares. 

there's a pause, and everyone stays silent, now knowing what to say. india closes her eyes for a second, trying to figure out what the hell is going on before patting the free space next to her and looking at jj. 

jj stares at her for a moment as he catches his breath before taking a seat beside her. his arm rests on the back of the couch, stretched so it's behind india. 

she tilts her head, resting it on jj's shoulder. it was safe to say that jj hadn't expected that. he wanted nothing else than to grab her and hug her, but he reminded himself that HE had been the one to propose that they stay as friends. he was beginning to regret that decision. 

"why would they want the compass though?" kiara asks the question everyone had been wondering. 

"it's a piece of shit" pope replies almost immediately before turning to look at john b in a panic "no offense john b. i know it's in your family--" 

"the office" john b cuts out suddenly, turning to face the rest of the group. he holds the compass in his hand, his face scrunched up deep in thought. jj takes a hit of the juul, looking at john b.