Prologue

Disappeared.

That's what the nice ones say happened to Jades' dad. The others say that he couldn't handle the pressure of having a family so he left them. But Jade knew better.On the day that he 'left' Jade walked into the house.It was strangely quiet.She called her dads name only to hear her own voice answer her.She ran all around the house hoping that he was just playing a prank on her and he would pop out any second to scare her. She was running through the kitchen when she saw it.

His coffee was spilled on his floor and his chair was broken into pieces and was scattered all over the kitchen floor.Under one of the legs was a package.She lifted the chair leg off the package and picked it up. It was brown and written on it was Jade in sparkling gold letters.She ripped the packaging apart hoping to find some sort of clue as to why he wasn't there.

A letter fluttered to the ground as she ripped the final piece of packaging off.All that lay in her hands was a white box the size of her palm.With trembling fingers she slowly opens the box.To reveal a sparkling gold necklace with every jewel embedded into it to form the letter 'J'.She slowly bends down with trembling hands and picks up the envelope.And with her heart racing pulls the paper out of the envelope.

Jade,

The necklace will save you one day, wear it always .When you are ever in life threatening danger open the necklace and whisper into it Loxx No matter what anyone tells you just remember that it wasn't my choice to leave.It hurts me to know that I will never see my family again.You may see me one last time but I fear that it will be too late by that time.Just know that no matter what mistake you make I will always forgive you.

                                                                                                                                ,Your Father