I Have A Boyfriend

Don't own KFP

The bright alternating lights annoyed Tigress. She sat in her dark red slip dress at the bar. The dress shimmered and shined as the dancefloor lights dizzily spun around. The smell of perfume and cologne gave the tiger a small headache. She didn't have a real headache, but to her, annoyance was a headache. With a glass of water in her left hand and her leg crossed over the other, Tigress glanced around the crowded nightclub. The dark-colored floor must have occupied two people per square inch. Loud obnoxious music dragged Tigress's spirit down to the hells of this noisy place as booty calls and flings passed her by, chatting with their newest waste of time. Why had she agreed to go with the girls to club out? It was their suggestion that Tigress get out and socialize more than her desk job did. But that didn't mean this was the best alternative. A trip to the grocery store would've been more tolerable. She sighed as she placed her glass on the bar behind her, rubbing her head.

Just then, she felt a presence coming near her. Her right hand purposefully rubbed her chin. On her right hand was a bright shiny ring that sparkled just enough to be seen from across the room. Tigress looked away, but she still felt the presence coming near her. She growled to herself. The phony ring failed in its one purpose: to fend off any potential pursuers; she wasn't in the mood. As the person drew nearer, she sighed and quickly thought of something to say. "Excuse me-"

"I have a boyfriend," Tigress interrupted, not even looking at the person she said it to. The person was silent for a moment, but he didn't leave.

"That's fine, but I was just wondering if you knew where the bathroom was," he said in a chuckle-like tone. Tigress spun her head. A large boyish faced panda stood near her left side. He had a white dress shirt with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Over that shirt was a black vest that matched his pants and shoes. He smiled with his hands in his pockets. The round plump cheeks on his face with his green eyes made Tigress's stomach have a weird fuzzy feeling. But it wasn't an unwelcomed feeling.

Tigress's hand accidentally knocked the glass of water onto the bar. "Oh shoot!" She exclaimed, seeing the bartender perk up from his work. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry," said the duck bartender, quickly getting a towel. Tigress looked back at the panda. She resisted scratching her face or messing with her tail.

"I'm sorry, what was your question?" Tigress asked.

"The bathroom?" the panda repeated.

"Oh, it's... over there." The tiger pointed to the corner where a tunnel led to the bathroom.

The panda smiled warmly. "Thanks. Oh! And tell your boyfriend I said hi," He chuckled. Tigress flashed a smile and nodded as the panda walked away.

"Ugh," Tigress groaned, rubbing the bridge of her nose and shutting her eyes. "I'm such an idiot." The panda was actually kind of cute. She blew her chance. The crowd was so thick that she couldn't really see were the panda went. Besides, she couldn't even if she wanted to. It would be weird to be waiting for him at the bathroom. She sighed as the bartender finished wiping the countertop. "I apologize."

The duck laughed heartily, "Girl, do you know how many times people be drunk all over this place? Trust me this is nothing." Then they both heard the noise of hurling and vomiting on the other side of the long bar. "Ugh. The stupid stuff I get paid to do."

Tigress was left alone only for a moment when her two friends, Mei-Ling and Viper, came to her, ready to leave. As they walked out, the fresh clean air hit Tigress's nostrils first. A cloudy night with no rain and a brisk cool air whipped around the three women when they finally got to Mei-Ling's car. Tigress sat in the passenger seat, watching the city street lights flash along the way. "What's wrong, Tigress?" asked her friends.