Chapter 1

As Amina steps out in the bright sunlight of the morning of her 16th birthday, she looks out across her kingdom, her planet. Darios is a planet only an hour's flight away from Tamaran, where on this day Starfire, her best friend from childhood is preparing for her birthday party. Since Starfire had become a Teen Titan (Amina didn't know much about them), she had been on Earth. Amina had missed her dearly.

              "Mina, daughter it is time to prepare for your party." Amina turns to see her mother stepping in the bright pink castle room Amina calls her bedroom. "Yes, Mother", Amina whispers. "Dear, be happy! Today is the day you become Princess of Darios!", her mother calls, turning to leave. "I will see you once you are prepared." 

               Amina takes one last glance out at the sparkaling seas of Darios, and turns to walk back to her room. She walks over to her large closet and selects a ruffled pink dress and lays it on her bed. Next, she grabs a new pink pair of strappy heels and set them next to her dress.

             Walking to the bathroom Amina does her hair. She curls it and pulls the top half into a messy half-up bun. The rest of her golden blond hair fell midway down her back. Her pixie like features brought out her pink eyes. Her pointed ears were pierced and she slips in some pink butterfly earrings, grinning to herself.

                 Amina walks back to her bed and pulls on her pink dress and pink shoes, and ties a pink ribbon into her hair. She walks over to her dresser and puts on her silver crown, the only thing in her whole room that was not pink. Then, she walks quietly to her door, for what she would come to remember as the most mixed up birthday of her life.