Levi... that asshole. Just what the hell did he do to make them agree. She thought of all her flaws, how unfocused she might be at times, and would sometimes get too absorbed in her experiments, disregarding her employee's plea on the process. To think all those efforts went in vain, resulting in nothing productive just speaks of how much poorly she has done as a researcher. 

Were her people finally realizing her incompetence, is that it?

She could only sigh, calming her nerves, already accepting her fate for now.

Still, Hange couldn't shake off the feeling of being betrayed and she still couldn't fathom how angry she is. Moblit, surely, did betray her for a reason but for what? Is there a necessity to hide it from her?

Her emotions were even confusing herself. She was torn between getting angry at her people or for Levi the asshole who probably blackmailed them. Only god knows how.

Hange tried to break free from the restraints on her wrist only to realize this action was to no avail. It was a study material. She was the one who had picked it, taking Levi's strength into account. Funny how she's the one who's actually been restrained by it right now.

So does this mean... she's locked up here for good? Is this fucking jail time? When the time comes, will Levi eventually turn her in? 

Regardless of whatever it is, the most important thing Hange needs to do is to escape from here. All those possibilities would deem useless if she were to escape anyway. Her eyes darted towards the small window, frowning. It is obviously impossible for her to pass through.

She couldn't even move her wrist, damn it. How is she going to escape from this place?

Before she could think of anything, the door swung open. Turning her head to see who it is, Moblit stood before her, a tray in hand. Their eyes met for a brief moment before Moblit averted his eyes away from her and placed the tray on the small table near her.

The man looked uncomfortable at the eye contact. His gaze darted towards how her hands were still tied up behind. "H-hange-san! I forgot you still had—"

"What did he do to you, Moblit?"

He was supposed to approach her and take off the knot but he stopped on his tracks upon hearing the question.

"Huh?" Moblit got confused, dumbfounded at it.

Hange stood up hastily and walked towards the younger man. Her eyes were expressive enough, seething with thorough concern and a mixture of anger. Her assistant could only stare back at it, lost at the expression on her face as it was such a rarity coming from the brunette.

"Did he do anything to you?" Hange continued, her eyes searching for something in his. "Did he blackmail you? What did he do? I... I will find ways to save us from here. Just tell me—"

Seeing the genuine worry on her hazel eyes and the igniting aggravation behind it was tormenting Moblit. The man truly believes that what he is doing right now is for the betterment of Hange. He wanted to tell her... tell her the truth behind the betrayal despite what he had promised Levi.

His mouth gaped open for an answer but before he could even voice out the words, someone suddenly answered on his behalf.

"I didn't."

The two looked startled at the sudden presence. Behind Moblit, Levi was standing by the door frame, staring at them as he crossed his arms. His eyes looked distant as ever, the usual scowl displayed on his face.

This agitated Hange, seeing the source of all her stress right in front of her.

"You! What did you do to Moblit! You asshole!"