SIMMER

Do not go gentle into that good night,Old age should burn and rave at close of day;Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas

          ASK ANYONE FROM THE CUT about June Suarez and they couldn't tell you a thing except that she enrolled in Kildare County High School nine months ago, and was friends with the infamous Pogues

ASK ANYONE FROM THE CUT about June Suarez and they couldn't tell you a thing except that she enrolled in Kildare County High School nine months ago, and was friends with the infamous Pogues. It was clear that June was a closed book, and that's exactly how she wanted it (or couldn't risk it being the opposite, anyway). No one knew that she actually lived in the Figure Eight, where all the wealthy, obnoxious kooks resided, or that if you looked beneath the surface of Ward Cameron's business partnership with her father (one of the candidates running for governor of NC) it was something else entirely, or that the arrival of her family in the Outer Banks and the sudden disappearance of John Routledge were, in fact, connected—and that was something she worked very hard to keep secret because, you see, June had one job.

Get Routledge's vital information on the Royal Merchant, then get out.

It was the whole reason June's parents enrolled her in the same school his son, John B attended, so that she'd integrate herself into his tight-knit group of friends and find the key factor to their search for the Royal Merchant's lost gold they were so sure would secure her father's spot as governor. June hadn't had any other choice but to be the pawn in her parents' plan, and so she did exactly as she was told: she got close to Routledge's son, she made her new friends trust her despite the very few details she gave about her personal life, and looked through every inch of John B's house for any information she could find. Every inch, but that damned study that he kept locked. June knew that whatever information her parents needed her to find was somewhere in that study but because she couldn't get into it without the key (that she hadn't found yet), June's search hadn't progressed very far.

But this summer was about to change all of that.

As summer came and school ended, it brought a hurricane, a wrecked Grady-White at the bottom of the marsh, and an unexpected treasure hunt along with it. Before June knows it, all of her friends find out about the Royal Merchant and panicked, she feels her parents' plan unraveling right before her eyes. June's secrets start to uncover themselves one by one—but hers aren't the only ones. In her and her friends' pursuit for the lost gold, June soon realizes that her parents' involvement with Ward and their partnership is one far more sinister than she thought. As the truth comes to light, June is forced to choose between her family and her friends—including the boy she's come to love. 

JUNE SUAREZ━━━ alexa demie

JUNE SUAREZ
━━━ alexa demie

mandy moore              emily suarezoscar isaac           alejandro suareznicola peltz      amelie hildebrandryan destiny                nessa porterbenjamin wadsworth    alec rivero

mandy moore emily suarez
oscar isaac alejandro suarez
nicola peltz amelie hildebrand
ryan destiny nessa porter
benjamin wadsworth alec rivero

author's note: hi i'm so excited to bring this fic back!! i've loved jj as soon as he came onto the screen and knew he was gonna be yet another white boy i'll be utterly in love with 😖
anyways, YES, i changed the plot to this story like three times, don't hate me :// i really just wasn't satisfied with the other ones and didn't want this story to have an overdone plot, but now i'm actually really loving this new one. it's gonna be full of danger, mischief, politics, and forbidden love so woo!!! i know it's a tad bit unrealistic to truly have as messed up parents as june does (my poor baby, she's gonna go through SO much) but this is fiction so??? overall, i'm just super excited to show june's character development, her family dynamic, and especially her relationship with jj!!
+ major shoutout to @blushfulcries for the gorgeous cover and @plutoniums for the cute aesthetics i found on her pinterest (which is god tier, by the way) <3333

warnings: this story contains themes such as violence, death, gore, blood, swearing, underage drinking, slight sexual content, mentions of suicide and alcohol abuse, and more some may find unsettling. please do not continue reading if you struggle with any of these topics.