Keeping You Warm With Me

Start from the beginning

Hermione shot one last dirty look at Fred before looking at Cedric, "See the knob here?" Hermione pointed to one of the many knobs on the top of the camera. "Give it a turn, then place the camera to your eyes as you focus in on your subject. When you are satisfied with the focus, simply click here and you have your photo. When you want to take another photo, turn this knob."

Cedric nodded. "It's awfully heavy."

"The good old days."

Cedric chuckled. Hermione watched as Cedric examined the camera like a captivated young boy, a slight smile on his lips, an inquisitive gaze, and eager hands roaming all over the mechanical item. Cedric turned the first knob Hermione had pointed out to him before lifting the camera to his face and turned to her. "Smile, Granger."

"Oh come on, Cedric." Hermione said with a self-conscious smile as she turned her head away.

"Don't be camera-shy." Cedric teased. "Just a shot." Hermione rolled her eyes, a resigned grin forming across her lips before she turned around. Cedric immediately snapped a photo of her. "Perfect."

"It's my turn now to take yours."

"I've always knew you wanted a photograph of me."

"Yes, to doodle and scribble on when I'm feeling absolutely annoyed at you before sharpening my quills to throw at it." Hermione answered with a deadpanned look. Cedric's jaw fell. She quickly took a shot of Cedric – in one of his least dashing moments. "Perfect." She grinned.

"Hermione, Cedric – will the both of you stop fooling around and hurry up over here already?" Ron said with a roll of his eyes. Every one of the DA members looked at them expectantly. Harry had a small smile on his face as he eyed the pair who was seating in their own private corner of the room.

"Yeah Hermione. Whatever happened to the importance of punctuality?" George added with a mock stern look.

"Knock it off. Let's begin!" Hermione quickly jumped to her feet and joined the group. Cedric chuckled as he stood up to join her.

"Lovers." Fred whispered to Lee.

"Can't be with them. Can't stand them." George added in an equally low whisper. Lee laughed. The DA members had, even with the slightest bit, wondered of the actual relationship between the Gryffindor bookworm and Hufflepuff Quidditch player. None of them actually knew and though as curious as they were, they didn't try to pry. They did however; attempt to ask the pair's best friends – namely Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Haden Whitlock. All three had shook their heads with a shrug – indicating their absolute uncertainty as well. Ginny had tried to lure Hermione with a conversation about boys during the Christmas break but the fifth-year mentioned nothing of Cedric, merely listening attentively as Ginny did all the talking.

When the DA meeting finally ended close to eleven, Hermione stalled her leave as she waited for the others to disperse. They took turns in leaving in pairs, and Hermione decided she was going to pair with a certain Hufflepuff for tonight – 'that is if he's not going to just leave with Whitlock without a word'. To her surprise, Haden left with Fred instead as Cedric unhurriedly packed his belongings.

"'Mione, do you want to leave next?" Harry asked as he came up to her.

"Well, I was hoping I could leave with Cedric today, if it's alright with you. I just need to talk to him about something." Harry nodded good-naturedly and left with Ron.

"Granger?" Hermione turned to see Cedric coming up to her with his book bag over his shoulder. "Why aren't you leaving yet?"

"I was hoping I could talk to you for a bit."