Not too soon after, Jasmine walks inside. She closes the door. This is not a good sign.

"Mind if we have a short chat?"

Yes.

I smile, "Sure."

Jasmine sat down on Crystal's chair and set her bag on top of her lap. She exhales slowly while staring at my face. I probably look horrible with my high bun and paled feature. "I don't see it," she said.

"See what?"

"What's so appealing about you that everyone treats you so special."

"What?"

"Josh. Crystal. Ahmend. Tyson. Madison. Mason." She tilts her head. "You even managed to get through Ricardo and Taniyah, the two biggest loners at school."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Josh and Crystal. I understand. The three of you did grow up together."

Not a lot of people know that the three of us grew up together. Jasmine did some investigation about me.

"I guess they don't want to offend their little fat childhood friend."

At that moment, my world seemingly stops. My face grew ten shades paler while the words continue to echo inside my ear. She knows.

Jasmine smiles, "There's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean, I've never been bullied for being fat, but I'm certain others can relate." Her eyes scan my body. "I'm impressed. You lost a lot of weight. I tried to find some documents about some surgery, but it seems to be all natural."

My hands crunch against the blanket, and I swallow harshly. I hope Crystal will return soon.

Jasmine chuckled, "I noticed Joshie Pooh isn't here to accompany the princess's needs today."

I hate the nickname from her mouth.

She flips her hair back, "Or maybe, he finally realizes you're a nobody."

With a sharp inhalation, I said: "I would like it if you leave."

She smiles, "Ah. I poked a sore spot, didn't I?" She scratches her temple. "Or are you upset that Josh and I kissed?"

The air felt eerie, and I'm sure my heart rate isn't normal. It's shown on the monitor.

"Why are you so surprised? You know, eventually, Greyson would be with someone at his status. Someone who isn't fat, stupid, and poor."

I smile bitterly, "You think you're someone who's fit to be with Josh? Joshie Pooh would never like a girl like you."

Jasmine leaned back and crossed her legs, "Why not? I'm pretty, rich, and smart. Someone who can back Josh up when he takes over Greyson's incorporation one day."

"And greedy," I included. "Josh doesn't need a bloodsucker behind his neck."

I never knew I had it in me-this violent personality.

Suddenly, Jasmine burst out laughing, "Intrigued. So, this is the real you." She bit her lower lip and stood up. "You can't have Greyson until you see the real him, and I guess it works both ways."

"What do you mean?"

Jasmine strap on her purse, "I'm not giving up," she said. "I've worked too hard to get where I am, and I'm not giving up the spot to some girl that came out of the blue." Her eyes glare deeply into mine. "Just so you know, Vaughn. I never lose a game."

She heads out of the room.

If only she leaves school.

The state.

The country!

Maybe move to a different Earth.

The next day, I was released.

"Mind not mentioning to Josh what happened?" I ask.

Crystal scoffs, "That guy didn't even visit you! For fuck sake, I haven't even seen him. Forget him."

No one had seen Josh since yesterday.

The days continued to pass, and there wasn't any sign of Josh.

I called, but it went to voicemail.

I called the Greyson, but Jada said they're busy.

Apparently, Josh went home for an emergency. At first, I thought it was Mrs.Greyson's giving birth, but Jada said it wasn't it. It was something private that I couldn't know.

So, I waited for Josh.

No calls.

No messages.

Each day.

At the front of the school.

I could only wait.