六 Swordsman accompanying a demon

Start from the beginning

"Thank you very much, Urokodaki-sensei!" I said, admiring the box from nii-san's hands. He picked it up in his hands, lifting it up and down, amazed at its weight, "It's light! It's really light Mr.Urokodaki!"

Tanjiro placed the box in front of Nezuko's peeking face, opening the door. "Nezuko, get inside this, will you? Can you do it?"

Nee-chan went into the box in her small child form. Nii-san looked into the box, I was leaning over his shoulder to see her. "Nee-chan we can always be together from now on, okay?"

"All right, we'll be leaving now," Tanjiro said, Nezuko on his back with his sword at his side. Fujiko stood there with her hands behind her back, smiling. Their sensei walked towards them, "Hold on, do you mind?"

The two students smiled, letting their sensei know they didn't mind at all. He fixed Tanjiro's collar, brushing all other creases in his uniform. Once he was satisfied, he moved on to Fujiko. He folded her sleeves up so they won't be hanging over her hands, her fingertips barely peeking through. He folded it ti her wrist with one big fold, then proceeded to pat down her hair. He took a step back and nodded at his students proudly like a father, as he watched them walk away, starting their journey as a demon slayer.

The sky was blue as the two siblings walked to their destination. They walked silently as the birds chirped around them. On her head sat her very chubby bird, plopping down comfortably. He looked at his own rider in the box, wondering how's she's doing,

"Nezuko, are you all right? Nezuko?" Tanjiro asked, a little worried at her lack of reply. Fujiko was petting the head of her crow as she looked over, "Nii-san, don't worry about it. Nee-chan is probably sleeping, remember what Sensei said about her sleeping instead of eating humans?"

Nii-san looked back at the box, then looking back ahead. He glanced at his younger sister beside him, with the crow on her head, she was almost the same height as him. He sweatdropped at the news, looking up at his own crow. "Ne, do you have a name for your crow yet?"

Fujiko glanced up curiously at her crow, "Do you have a name yet?"

"Squck! Nope!" the bird said, raising it's wings. She smiled, petting the crow on her head again, "Then I'll think of one,"

We arrived at the town around late afternoon, the sun still high in the sky. As we crossed over a bridge, I noticed this was a fishing village. They had a port on the water, boats coming in and out, some just bobbing up and down with the flow of the river.

"Could this be the town of the northwest?" Tanjiro asked, looking for his crow. I felt my crow's weight lifted off already knowing that was probably a sign. "The crows are gone so I would think so,"

As we headed deeper into town, a dazed boy around nii-san's age, maybe two years older passed by us. He had a huge red marl on his face that looked like he was slapped. He was staggering slightly, his feet landing heavily with each step.

"Oh look, there's Kazumi-san,"

'Poor thing, he looks so haggard,"

"It's because he was with Satoko when she was taken," The townspeople said as the boy walked by.

"Night after night...it's so creepy,"

"It's so dreadful,"

"When night falls, another young girl will be abducted!"

I looked at nii-san and he looked at me. We had the same look on our face as we nodded, turning around, chasing after he staggering boy.

"Kazumi-san!" Nii-san yelled lightly, stopping the staggering boy. He turned and faced us, the look on his face was so...dead. Like he's given up. "If you don't mind, we'd like to hear your story, is that alright?"