"What's the deal if she took this one ?"I asked her with an arched brow pointing at the dish meant for Drake.

"Anytime I cook, I make one dish especially for him. It's my way of showing appreciation for all the kindness he has shown to me."She blinked her eyes repeatedly as she took the dishes off the counter.

"Let's go have breakfast."She went out of the kitchen and I gave the twins a look and they shrugged and trailed after her.

We were all seated at the table prepared to eat then Becky rushed down the stairs and grabbed a piece of pancake from my plate and shoved it in her mouth.

"Why the rush ?!"I asked her as she rushed the cup of coffee down her throat.

"I'm super late for work, I'm suppose to be there 1 hour before Drake gets there ."She kissed my forehead and waved the twins bye and dashed towards the front door but for some reason she paused.

She turned around swiftly and gave me an awkward look as she stepped aside revealing a figure at the door.

It was her. It was my mom after five months since she divorced dad and abandoned Sekani and I, she's here. I got up immediately from my seat and walked up to her with clenched fists.

She looked worried and scared, I could see dried tears on her face as she rushed inside and wrapped me in a hug and I didn't return the gesture.

"I think I'd be on my way now. " Becky dashed out of the front door. I looked at my mother with mixed feelings of anger and sadness. It's been so long I saw her.

"What happened to your house ? I went there and there were cops all over, they said it's a crime scene. " She said as she removed her arms from my body and her eyes scanned me to see if I had any physical injuries.

"I think we should take this outside."I gestured for us to walk outside. We walked towards the pool and stopped walking when we reached the pool chairs and we settled down.

"What's going on ?" She asked as she looked over at me.

"Andre vandalized my house." I said as I turned my attention to the pool.

"What ?! Whose blood is dripping in your house and I hope ." I cut her off not wanting to prolong the discussion because this is not what I wanted to talk to her about after five months of not seeing.

"Is this what you really want to talk about now ? After five months ?" My eyes blinked severally as I looked at her with anger.

"I know you are a angry at me because I divorced your father but you have to understand what I was going through."She said as she looked at me with eyes that showed her eye bags and dark rings around them.

"You think I'm angry because you divorced dad ?! You see that's where you get it wrong mom."I looked away from her and my gaze fell upon the body of water peacefully flowing in the pool.

"Then why have you been withdrawn ?" She asked as she shifted towards the edge of her seat so she could be closed to me.

"You abandoned us mom, your divorce with dad was your personal decision to make but that doesn't mean you should leave Sekani and I like we were part of the marriage that you didn't want anything to do with. Mom, I struggled to make ends meet, I sent Sekani to college and were where you and Dad ? Yeah that's right, nowhere to be found and now you're here acting like it's been rosy between us. " I got up from the pool chair and walked closer to the pool.

"Do you think you're the only one who did the struggling ?!" She got up from the chair and walked up to me.

"I worked as a maid for a month before I was fortunate to get a job at a bank and trust me working in a bank at the age of 47 is not worth wishing for. I'm struggling with heavy bills on my neck, I work overtime to make ends meet. I couldn't take you and your brother, y'all wouldn't be here today !"She yelled at me and this time tears were rolling down her cheeks. I turned around to face her.