the mother and daughter talked and talked, like they always do. "oh jonah! funny seeing you here." talia smiled. "it's nice seeing you mrs. martins." "oh don't be silly. i told you to call me talia a long time ago." jonah chuckled, "i'm sorry mrs- talia."

after about 30 minutes of talking, talia began to became sleepy and lilia noticed. "ok mom, go to sleep. i'll be back tomorrow." lilia whispered. "ok honey, i love you." "i love you too, mom." lilia took a glance at her mother before she left the room. she smiled knowing her mother was alive and well. but she was confused because of the call she got. who were they talking about? it was most definitely not talia because she was recovering very well. "who were they talking about on the phone?" jonah asked. "i'm not sure. but i know it's not my mother because she's doing well."

they walked up to the front desk again. "can you find any other patient with the last name of martins please?" lilia asked sweetly. "ok sure. this might take a while, so go ahead and sit down." lilia and jonah nodded.

about an hour later, the person in the front desk was finally finished. "ok honey there is one other patient with the name of martins. clara martins, 36 years old, but unfortunately died earlier today. i'm so sorry for your loss." the person said. "thank you so much," lilia started but stopped to call her by her name. she looked at her name tag and read, "ms. wheeler." "oh please, call me nancy"

lilia smiled "have a nice day nancy" said lilia as the pair went out of the hospital. "who the hell is 'clara martins' and why did they call you and say 'this is your mom'?" jonah rants. "i'm not sure." lilia replied in a stern voice, "but i'll talk to my dad when he gets back home from work." "are you sure? do you need me to help you?" jonah made sure. "of course, i've had enough of his shit." lilia assured. "let me atleast hide in your room when you confront him. i have to make sure you don't get hurt." said jonah. "ok fine, but promise you won't make a sound?" "promise"

~~

"Hey mom, can i have a sleepover with lilia tonight?" jonah asked. "okay, just make sure you don't do anything." "mom you know i would never do that, even if i could." jonah chuckled. "whatever you say. i see how you look at lilia. with your little heart eyes and your-" his mom teased. "oh my god mom." jonah interrupted while heading up to his room to get pajamas.

jonah went back downstairs while yelling a quick bye to his mother. he found lilia in the same spot he left her, his porch. "okay, let's goooo" jonah yelled. lilia chuckled.

~~

lilia's father, liam, finally arrived home. usually, lily would be scared, but not this time. she was ready to confront her dad, even if it meant she would get hurt, physically. "so, mom died." lilia said casually as she walked into the living room. "what?! lets go visit her then!" liam answered. "oh did i mean talia? oh no, i meant clara. now what do you have to say about that, liam?" lilia said teasingly. liam stood there, motionless. "i-it's not what it's sounds like" liam stammered. "oh so your admitting it?" said lilia.

"i have dealt with you ever since i was 9! i listened to every damn thing you told me. i loved you, even though you insult me every single night. and ever since then you were sleeping with another woman while mom is suffering in the hospital! you have no right to treat mom and i like that. we deserve better, a whole lot better. i'm so fucking ashamed to call you my father, when you don't even act like a dad! i am tired of your bullshit. which is why i've made the decision to leave this god forsaken house hold." lilia confessed. "you little bitch. you think you can leave just like that? oh fuck no. you are MY blood MY daughter and you have no right to talk back to me." liam snapped back. "i'm your daughter now? hell no. i'm leaving dad and you CAN'T stop me." lilia said while turing around.

but before she could run into her room and pack, liam grabbed her wrist and yanked her to make her turn around. "you won't go away that easily." liam said in a raspy voice. "get your filthy hands off of me!" lilia yelled, liam still not budging, "i said, GET OFF OF ME!!" lilia yelled even louder while kicking his penis to loosen his grip. finally, he let go. but liam wouldn't let his daughter get away that easily.

lilia ran as fast as she could away from him, but being the unathletic girl she is, couldn't get very far. liam got a hold of her again and raised his hand out to slap her. lilia closed her eyes, ready to feel the impact of his hand hitting her soft, delicate skin. but she never felt it.

lilia opened her eyes to see jonah wrestling her father. "she said, get off of her, you piece of shit!" jonah yelled. "dad get the fuck off of him!" lilia yelled over and over again, though she knew that nothing would stop him.

lilia looked around, trying to find something that can loosen her father's grip on jonah. her eyes landed on a vase, lilia ran to it and grabbed it. "i said stop dad!" lily yelled before hitting the vase on him. liam's vision became blurry and finally he saw black. jonah and lilia were both panting heavily, "c'mon, let's pack and leave before my dad wakes up." lilia said before running up to her room to pack her stuff.

lilia knew she couldn't stay with her father anymore. but she didn't know where to live in the meantime.

❤︎

THE AUTHOR
holy mother of god. the longest chapter i've ever madeeeee
anyways thank you for reading this chapter!! thankful for all of you guys reading this right now <3
if you would like, you can vote and support me, but that's all up to you.
again, thank you sosososososo much for reading and i love each and every one of you. stay tuned for the next chapter! <333