I tilt my head to the side. "Wise words, Ginny," I say finally.

"No 'Weaslette'?" she asks, an odd smile on her face.

"I have a newfound respect for you," I admit grudgingly. "And there are so many Weasleys that I can't just call you 'Weasley'."

She's about to respond when Draco and Granger finally show up.

"Sorry we're late," Granger says, and Draco rolls his eyes. "If only someone wasn't obsessing with his hair for five extra minutes, we would've been here sooner."

"That was not five minutes!" he argues, and Ginny shoots me a smug look.

His hair looks as messy as it did this morning, yesterday, and ever since we came back to Hogwarts for our seventh year.

"Some things never change, do they?" she asks, and I smirk.

"Alright," I say loudly. "We don't care that Malfoy still is an arrogant arse about his hair, let's just go in. Rickman."

We walk into the common room, and hear music playing from a radio somewhere in the room. There's a table filled with drinks and snacks, but besides that, most people are just sitting or standing around and talking like normal. Of course, this is what to expect at a Slytherin common room party. Basically the sixth and seventh years that come end up getting higher than the castle because someone always tips Firewhisky in the bowl of punch, which is why parties are always on Fridays.

Better not tell Granger that.

Immediately every head swivels around to look at us. A few people, Goyle among them, scowl when they see Draco, and others are unreadable. But when they see Ginny and Granger, there's an instant uproar.

"What are they doing here?!" Pansy Parkinson screeches, her eyes flashing at Granger.

"Oh get off your high horse," Ginny snaps. "It's not like most people want you in the room when you walk in, but at least they're polite enough to not say it aloud."

Pansy's face flushes a bright red, and I smirk.

"Why, Malfoy, somehow you managed to sink yourself lower, inviting a Mu-" Goyle starts, but Draco pulls out his wand and points it at him, making him and the rest of the room fall silent.

"The only reason I brought her here is so she won't rat us out," he snarls, but I can tell what Goyle was implying is making him want to hex him. "And as for Weaslette-"

"Don't you dare call me that, Ferret," she snaps, and a few people's eyebrows raise in shock. She turns to the room full of Slytherins, giving them a fake smile. "Let's get this straight: I won't kill you if you don't kill me. Alright, now where's the drinks?"

Wow, she really must be looking for a good time to have risked coming here.

Then it occurs to me that she and Draco might have planned that out, since technically she has no actual reason to be here. And Draco has a small smile tugging on his mouth as she walks sharply over the refreshments.

"Is she going to be alright?" Granger asks as she watches people walk toward Ginny and the drinks.

I watch as she flashes a daring scowl at anyone who comes within three feet of her with a troubled look on their face.

"She'll be fine," I assure her. "Now let's chill."

The party's most calm, really, with just loud conversations and the background music, until someone spikes the punch half an hour in, which Granger has stopped drinking, but Ginny hasn't.