Prologue

As I stepped out of my car, people around me stopped whatever they were doing and watched me as I walked my way to the restaurant.

The guard opened the glass door for me and greeted me politely."Good afternoon, ma'am.""Good afternoon," I replied.

One of the staff offered to guide me towards my table but it was not needed because I could already see four people rose from their seats upon seeing me.

"Good afternoon," they said in chorus as I approached our table. "Good afternoon," I told everyone as I put my Hermès bag next to my seat. I sat down afterward so they could also sit. I don't really know where did they get the idea of waiting for me to sit first.

"Really? How many times should I tell you to stop doing that?" I already asked them countless of times and yet they kept on doing that courtesy.

"Lu, your presence can make anyone tensed," my cousin, Leo, told me.

"I am your brother but every time I see you, your aura demands respect from everyone who lays eyes on you, " said by my eldest brother, Cean Jorge. I shook my head. "Seriously, do you all know the word OA? Because you are all OA."
"And you never take our words seriously," Luis, my eldest cousin, handed me the files.

As I silently read it, the waiters were already serving our foods on the table. We started to eat while I was still reading the plan.

"What do you think, Lu?" my cousin, Arvin l, asked me. "The concept is nice, the tourists would definitely love this, but it would be better if we tone down these vivid colors."They were all attentive of what I was saying as I enumerated my ideas. I may not be an interior designer but I am into design. I like to claim that designing is my forte.

"Princess, you can still reconsider the position we offer you in the company," my brother said.

I looked at my brother and gave him a little smile, "You know my answer, Kuya."

They were all watching me, waiting for any hint, hoping that my reason would show on my face.

It is a huge privilege to be a Montemayor but sometimes it is not.