01 | Number 12 Grimmauld Place

Start from the beginning

“We still managed to come here though, in front of the right house. So, are the memories coming back?”

“No, our memories aren’t coming back. No one’s memories are coming back.” Eugene turns to Draco, “Only he remembers. Since his memories can't be erased.”

It suddenly started making sense. None of them knew where they were going when they decided not to board the Eurostar to Germany, except Draco who suggested coming to the abandoned Black House after he gave up convincing them to board the train. Only after it had officially departed though. He was the only one who remembered the street, the park and the house, which explained why he kept getting aggravated by everyone else’s lack of helpful input.

Only he remembered.

“Your memories are intact,” Tracy repeated, “because you remember everything.”

Draco swallowed, not wanting to acknowledge his affinity. “Now that we have pointlessly established that, how does that help? I may remember the place but I can't go in still. I don’t see it anymore than you do.” He gestured vaguely to the two buildings in front.

“Tristan needs to know what the insides look like to be able to portal in, but you are the only one who knows. What if,” Aurora pondered out loud. “What if you could show him?”

Draco let out a disgruntled sound. “What? You mean describe it to him? I haven't got such amazing description sk—”

“No. I mean, show him,” she emphasised. “Like you’ve shown me memories before.”

Everyone looked at the twins confused. Of their group, Draco was probably one of the most unwilling members to exercise his ability, second only to Tracy and her death penalties.

“I don’t know how to show people memories. With you, it was involuntary and they were never full visions, just snippets that you saw when I was too angry or upset. I’m neither right now.”

“Then get angry.”

“Rory, I don’t think—”

“Have you ever learned of a Penseive?” Eugene interrupted.

Six pairs of eyes snapped at him, each with a different combination of confusion, exasperation and disinterest.

He sighed. “A Pensieve is an object used to view memories. Memories that have been collected from oneself or others that can be viewed by anyone.”

“Don’t tell me you have a haunted memory board stuffed in your chest for moments like this.”

“A Pensieve isn’t a board, more of a basin of sorts, and it isn’t common possession either.” Eugene groaned, “But that’s not why I mentioned it anyway. Pensieves are used to do exactly what your powers can do. Separate memories that can't be tampered with. Your mind is a Pensieve, you just need to open it for others to see.”

Draco looked disgusted to say the least. “I am not splitting my head open to have someone look within. Do I look like Zeus about to birth Athena from my head?”

Eugene almost growled, “That is not what I—”

“Draco,” his twin interjected, “stop being difficult.”

“His middle name is difficult.”

Ignoring Tracy’s quip, Aurora asked Amy to retrieve the circular mirror she had pointlessly stuffed between her clothes. As she stood in front of her already agitated twin, she reached out to him through their inexplicable twin bond. A bond Lucius Malfoy tries his best to prove irrelevant despite how intune their minds remained. She tentatively spread a calmness into his mind, careful to be slow and not overwhelm him like she had accidentally done in the past. He was the only one who allowed her to practice on him. The only one who trusted her unconditionally.