"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Grandpa stood up to make an announcement. "First, let me thank you for coming to celebrate both my granddaughter's graduations, so we prepare this for them."

They started singing about our achievements and I couldn't help but smile.

We went up to them and hugged them. "We're proud of you both," Grandma told us. "But there's no way I could be a bulldog or Heather a lion without you guys," Rory said. "To Rory and Heather!" Grandpa toasted.

Jess and Logan joined us on stage. I caught a glimpse of Jess reaching into his pocket for something but Logan started speaking.

"I love you Rory and I want to be with you forever," Logan told her. He got down on one knee and I gaped.

"Rory Leigh Gilmore, will you marry me?"

"Wow," Rory managed and she and Logan went outside. "Did she say yes or no?" Jess wondered, taking his hand out of his pocket. "I don't know," I stuttered.

We got off stage and we joined the party again. Logan came back inside and came over. "Heather can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Yeah sure," I nodded and I went outside with him. "Did she say yes?" I asked him. "She didn't say yes and she didn't say no," he told me. "I heard about the unfortunate timing of the ceremonies."

"Yeah, it sucks ass," I told him.

"You risked your neck for me, Colin, Finn, even though you should've pushed them over that cliff but they'll be there," Logan promised me.

"Really?"

"Trust me?"

"Sometimes but with this..yes."

***

I wasn't chosen as valedictorian this year but I was totally okay with that. I fixed my graduation robes which were a light blue. "You okay?" Sophia asked me.

"Yeah," I told her.

We sat down with the others and the Dean stood up on stage. I looked back to see Tessa and Jess.

We all clapped once the commencement speech started.

"Oh behalf of the trustees and the faculty of the University, it is my very great pleasure to say Congratulations to the Class of 2007!"

All of us cheered loudly.

"All of us here today have known that this is a moment you've been thinking about for a long time. Most of you eagerly awaiting it. A few of you have been dreading it..."

Okay, I'll save you the rest of the commencement speech, just look it up online. He made jokes about American Idol and Ryan Seacrest.

The speech was over an hour long but this was the time we got our diplomas. Everyone in each of the graduate's family would be cheering loudly once they had their diploma. Jess and Tessa would be there to cheer me on.

They were going through the Cs first so I clapped once Sophia's name was called.

"Sophia Rose Cartwright."

Sooner than I thought, it was the Gs.

"Louis Anthony Gilbert."

"Mark Andrew Gilbert."

Then...it was me.

"Heather Victoria Gilmore."

I walked up on stage and I was shaking, God I was so nervous. Once I shook hands with the Dean and received my diploma, I heard loud cheering in the audience. I turned my head, not just to see Jess and Tessa..but Mom, Rory, Grandma, Grandpa, Dad and Logan all cheering.

A big smile grew on my face as I walked off stage.

"Congratulations Class of 2007!"

We all tossed our caps into the air and like I did in Chilton, I caught mine. Andrea hugged me tightly as did Sophia. "They came!" I cheered. "I can't believe they came!"

Rory still had her Yale robes on and she ran over and nearly tackled me to the ground.

"How? How did you guys get here on time?"

"Helicopter," Rory laughed. "We arrived at the Ryan Seacrest bit."

"Oh my God!" I hugged her and didn't let go for a few minutes. "Logan hired it, we weren't missing it," Mom told me and hugged me tightly.

We walked to the fountain on campus and took pictures. "You do know that we have to go back to Yale, I'm not giving these back," I told Rory.

"For pictures obviously, that commencement speech was long," Rory pointed out. "Let me see your diploma."

She looked at it. "A degree in film and history, that's my Hezzy!" she cheered.

Jess came over and he hugged me. "You knew about the helicopter didn't you?"

"What helicopter?" he said in a duh tone. "You ass," I laughed and I kissed him.