"Sure I'll do it, but...I was hoping we could do it together," he said, looking to the side. Tanjiro smiled at his antics, coming up to his brother rubbing his head. "There, there,"

"What's with that all of a sudden!?" Takeo yelled.

"You're blushing Take-nii!" Shigeru yelled, causing me to laugh. I used my hand to cover my mouth to muffle the sound, but he already heard.

"Hey, shut up!"

"There, there," this time my turn to pet my younger brother. He blushed at the action, but this time didn't move away. "I said cut it out Onee-chan,"

Everyone laughed at his embarrassment, but I realized that I was looking up at him. He outgrew me.

"Ne, Takeo, you're taller than me now," I said, still in awe. He blushes slightly but snickered. "That's because you're a shorty,"

I gave him a playful glare, making sure to tie his haori before I go, "Now, now, don't get all cocky with me. Make sure to keep warm, it's still winter,"

I jogged a few feet where Onii-san was waiting for me with a patient smile.

"Hurry back, okay?"

"Be careful!"

"Oni-chan, Fujiko!" Nezuko said, a sleeping Rokuta on her back. They had a large white cloth wrapped around them for extra warmth.

"Hey, Nezuko,"

"Ohayo Nee-chan!" I said, running to meet her. I looked over to my sleeping brother, rubbing his head lightly as he nuzzled into Nezuko's back.

"I was putting Rokuta down for a nap or he'd make a scene when you leave," she said, sparing a glance at his sleeping form, "He misses Otousan a lot after he passed away. And everyone follows you wherever you go,"

"See you later!" Nezuko yelled to us, faring us a goodbye. We waved to her as we made it down the mountain.

'We don't have an easy life, but we're happy. But if life could suddenly change like the weather. It shifts and moves on. It's not like it always stays sunny and it's not like it ever snows endlessly. But whenever happiness is destroyed, there's always... The smell of blood.'

As we walked into town, a thick blanket of snow has fallen and settled. An older woman in a muted brown kimono stood there, sweeping her storefront. She stopped when she noticed us, greeting us with a smile.

"Well now, Tanjiro and Fujiko, I can't believe you came down from the mountain on a day like this. You're both such hard workers! You might catch a cold, you know?"

"We're okay, thank you for worrying though," I said, waving my hand in front of your face, a bad habit that you did.

"This is nothing, really. Do you have enough charcoal?" Onii-san asked.

"Hey, Tanjiro!" A man called from his shop's door, "Can I have some charcoal? Thanks for fixing my sliding doors the other day,"

"I'll need some charcoal too!" a lady in a light purple kimono said, walking to us. I handed her some charcoal as she dropped some coins in my hand and left. I looked back and gave Nii-san a thumbs up, which he gave me a wide smile.

"Tanjiro! Oh man, perfect timing! I've been accused of breaking this plate! Help me out, will you? Sniff it!" a man said, thrusting through the snow, a lady with her arms crossed following close behind him. He opened up the cloth revealing the broken vase in pieces. I watched as nii-san bent down to sniff the plate, eyes widening when he smelt something.