The spirit message.

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure there's someone I could find if she's willing to stay." Twilight replied. "It could be a while."

Moon looked down slightly. "I don't know if I could wait that long." She said.

"Can you try?" Death asked.

"I guess I could." Moon replied.

"If Twilight comes up empty-hoofed after three months, then I'll come back and reap you." Death added. "I hate to see suffering, but if there's a different way to stop it, I'll take it." Death nuzzled her again. "I would be your spouse, but that'd be a bad idea."

"Because you don't want to reap your wife?" Twilight asked.

Moon and Death both chuckled. "No, it's not that." Moon replied.

"We're distant relatives." Death added.

"Oh, I didn't know." Twilight said in embarrassment.

"A lot of ponies don't." Moon said.

"Yeah, a lot of ponies don't know that Princess Cadance is my great, great, great, niece." Death added.

"She is?!" Twilight asked in astonishment.

"Yes, my mother remarried before I was banished with the other blank flanks and I had a half-sister." Death replied, he then looked at Moon. "She's more of a cousin from my mother's side."

"Oh, that's pretty cool." Twilight said.

"Yes, and I'm trusting you with Moon and her happiness." Death said. "I'll stop by and visit often, no matter where you go."

"Thanks, Death." Moon nuzzled him back. "I'll try to be strong for you."

Death left as Twilight began talking with Moon, Death made three more stops before heading back to the forest, Rose leaped over him and dove into his hair, she giggled maniacally before going quiet.

"I don't want to know what that means." Death said as he began heading home.

When he got there and walked in, he jumped slightly when Yin jumped out in front of him, then he looked slightly confused.

"Wait." Death said.

"What?" Yin asked. "Can you see me?"

"Yang?" Death called. "Where are you?"

"I'm on the couch." Yang replied from his spot.

"Ah, okay." Death said as he nodded. "So I can see Yin, but can't hear him, not even noise he would normally make when hitting the ground."

"That's interesting." Yang said as he pulled a book out and began writing in it.

"I know, that's why I was confused." Death said.

"So, how was she?" Yang asked.

"Hopefully she'll be okay." Death replied. "I'm going to get something to eat then head to bed."

"Alright." Yang agreed.

Death went to the kitchen and began feeding himself, Yin was hovering over him the entire time.

"Yin, leave him alone." Yang said.

"I want to spend some time with him now that he can see me!" Yin shouted at Yang.

"How are you supposed to hang out when you can't even talk to him?" Yang asked.

"Yin, I'm too tired tonight." Death said. "Maybe tomorrow night if I don't have any work to do."

Yin groaned slightly. "Ffffiiiiinnnnneeeeee!" He agreed in annoyance.

"He said it was okay." Yang translated.

After Death was done eating, he went up to his room to sleep as Yin and Yang sat quietly downstairs, Yin was upset.

"What?" Yang asked.

"He doesn't care, does he?" Yin asked sadly.

"Well, you have to remember, he has a big responsibility that he can't ignore." Yang said as he looked at Yin. "Like what we do."

"I hate you being right!" Yin complained.

Yang smiled softly. "I love you, Yin." He said as he nuzzled under his chin.

Yin let out a soft sigh. "I love you too." He agreed as he nuzzled him back.

"I'm going to go get some rest." Yang said as he got up. "You'll be okay with that, right?"

"Yeah." Yin agreed as he pulled out his doodle book. "I'll just be here, and if I need you, I know you won't be mad if I wake you up."

Yang smiled again as he left to the library, Yin sat on the couch doodling until dawn.