Giyuutan modern au

First off, I wanna say thanks to the two people that voted for this. Can I even do that? I dont know, I havent been using wattpad for so long... -authorbro

Summary:

"We both reached for the last thing on the shelf at the same time and now we're awkwardly holding hands and neither of us are letting go" Giyuutan edition

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-..--

Tanjirou liked to think he was a patient man, but even the redhead has his limits. He could say it all started that morning when his sister and mother kicked him out of the house. It wasn't like he wanted to skip school on purpose, but his mother had been so busy lately. His dad had caught a fever and Kie had to run the shop on her own. It was hard enough preparing for six people, the bakery and a suffering husband; but now that Nezuko had caught the fever as well...

Well, he wanted to take off the burden off his mom's shoulders. Sadly enough Kie doesn't think the same.

"Tanjirou, I'm fine. Just get ready for school already." Nezuko grimaced from her bed. Tanjirou had a hard time believing her; after having a fever for two days, she wasn't looking even a bit good.

"She's right, Tanjirou. I've got this covered" His mother says, entering Nezuko's bedroom behind him. "Didn't you want to win that attendance award?"

Tanjirou smiled bitterly, "I do, but-" Kie dropped off Nezuko's bowl of soup with a kind smile. Nezuko could only whine in respond. "I just thought I could help too, you know?"

Kie looked at him while checking Nezuko's temperature, the young girl humming underneath her palm. After placing a thermometer in her mouth she turned to Tanjirou,

"Go. You can help me after you go to school" She walked out the door, but not before ushering him with a 'come here' motion "There's still time left if you do your- what do you call it? 'Parkour' moves through the city"

That isn't what Tanjirou wanted, but he knew that arguing would make the morning more difficult for his mother. So he sucked it up and went downstairs for breakfast.

It wasn't until later during lunchtime that he had the thought of bringing some groceries for his mother as an apology for being hardheaded that morning. She missed her weekly grocery shopping yesterday due to his dad deciding that he was cured then promptly fainting behind the counter at their bakery. So surely, she would accept the bribery of produce as a plea for forgiveness for being a terrible son that morning!

"Tanjirou? Tanjirou!" Zenitsu waved a hand in front of his face, snapping his fingers once then twice, "What's with you? You looked so bothered this morning; then suddenly two seconds ago you're beaming like you won the lottery."

Tanjirou smiled down at his bento, the food reminding him of his mother and how happy she would be when Tanjirou buys those groceries. "It's nothing, Zen, Just thinking of ways to help my mom"

Kanao flicked a grain of rice off her shoulder, briefly glaring at Inosuke who was eating as if he was being held at gunpoint. "Don't you always help your mother, Tanjirou?" Aoi asked as she raised a brow, "You're always the type of guy who aggressively helps people- God, Inosuke can you cut that out?"

Inosuke looked at her with wide eyes, both eyebrows raised as he waited for Aoi to explain why she stopped him from eating. Obviously, he didn't notice the rice grains that were stuck to his cheeks... and on his forehead apparently.

Aoi said nothing, pulling a face of disgust as she shuffled away a little.

It would be after lunchtime that Inosuke would wipe his face with a handkerchief Tanjirou gave him and Tanjirou planning to visit the convenient store after school.