30 - Ready For Anything

Start from the beginning

The line went silent as he paused. "Okay. If you're sure."

"I am. See you later."

"See you later."

I hung up, placing my phone down on my desk, and looked up in the mirror.

My face was unrecognizable. The makeup Wanda had done was better than anything I could ever do. My eyes were nice and bold, but not too dark, while everything else was soft and neutral. Natasha was on hair duty, and so far she had done a good job of putting soft waves in my hair and not burning me.

"So, are you excited?" Wanda prompted.

"Yeah. But also kinda nervous, I guess."

"Don't worry. You're going to have so much fun." She put the finishing touches on my mascara. "There, done."

"It's...wow, it's amazing. Thank you," I gushed, admiring her work.

"Now," she stated, grabbing the covered dress from off the bed and handing it to me, "go put your dress on!"

I giggled and went into the bathroom to slip on the dress. Peter had suggested we match, so he went and bought a tie the same colour as my dark blue dress.

After I put it on and saw how it looked, I had to admit—I looked pretty good.

I emerged from the bathroom and twirled in the dress. "How do I look?"

"Absolutely gorgeous," Wanda assured me.

Natasha put a hand on my shoulder. "Perfect. Now, let's go show your dad."

I still wasn't really used to calling Tony my dad. We tried our best, but it was still a little awkward when we tried talking about usual father-daughter things.

Some of the Avengers were here tonight. We passed Thor in the hallway, who bowed when he saw me in my dress. I chuckled slightly, then curtsied.

Downstairs, we were passing through the kitchen where Sam and Bucky we're finishing off the cake that I baked the day before. They both gave me thumbs up, trying to hide the cake, but I playfully stuck my tongue out at them as I walked by.

We entered the living room, where my dad, Steve and Pepper were talking about something, a SHIELD report, or whatever.

"Tony," Natasha called, "she's ready."

He turned around and approached me, examining my dress and hair. I was unusually fidgety while he looked me over. I glanced at Steve, who nodded and gave me a smile.

Finally, Tony nodded and looked at Natasha. "You guys did a good job. Of course, I could've done better...I'm joking, I'm joking." He put a hand on my shoulder. "You look beautiful."

As I smiled gratefully, Pepper came up to us. "Here, sweetheart, wear this." She took my hand and clasped a delicate silver charm bracelet on my wrist. Each charm, tiny stars and planets, was carefully and beautifully made.

"Thanks, Pepper." I looked up as Pepper took a step back and hooked her arm through my dad's. Pepper kind of reminded me of Mom, and I guess she's my step-mom, technically. I felt a lump in my throat as I looked at them and thought about how lucky I was to have them.

"Come here, kiddo," Dad said, pulling me into a brief hug.

It occurred to me that this was the first time I've actually hugged my real dad, knowing it's him.

He patted my back as I pulled away.

"Nope, still not used to it,"he muttered under his breath.

The elevator opened, and May and Peter walked in.

"Ah, finally," Dad exclaimed. Him and Pepper made their way over to May, who was almost exploding with excitement.

I grinned at Peter, who was as handsome as he was nervous, which is saying a lot.

"Camella, you look...gorgeous," he exclaimed as he approached me.

I laughed, kissing his cheek. "Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself. Ready for them to take 40 minutes for pictures?"

"Not at all."

It took them exactly 43 minutes to take their pictures, and I'm 90% sure I blinked in half of them.

"Okay, we gotta go now," I urged everyone.

"One more thing," Tony said. He clamped onto Peter's shoulder and got in close to his ear. "If anything happens to her, anything as little as a scratch, I am taking your suit and stuffing it down the garbage disposal, with you in it."

Peter swallowed. "Yes, sir."

Tony patted him on the back, and Peter and I made our way into the elevator, our waiting limo out front, with Happy as our chauffeur.

"Have fun!" May called.

"Not too much fun!" Tony yelled as the doors closed.

I looked at Peter, flushed. "I apologize for him."

"Out of everyone in the world, your dad has to be my boss, Tony Stark," he mused, his voice laced with disbelief.

"He'll loosen up," I assured him. "Eventually."

He chuckled, then held his hand out. "Ready for tonight?"

I took his hand and smiled. "I'm ready for anything as long as it's with you, Spider-Man."

{edited 5/11/20}