☕️108☕️

"Waffles!" Mom sang in the morning. "You're bleeding."

"Can you change my dressing for me, I know it's disgusting but pretty please?" I asked Mom.

She nodded. She took the bandage off and was surprised. "Holy crap on a cracker!"

"I know, it hit me hard, you have to get a clean cloth, put hydrogen peroxide on the wound then make a new dressing," I instructed her. "Does Jess do this?"

"Most of the time, yes," I told her. She dabbed the peroxide and I winced and fixed my dressing. "Lane is back from her honeymoon and is dying to hear about how you smashed your head open."

"Delightful," I mumbled. "Remember Friday?"

"That woman?" Mom asked me. "All she wanted to know about was my injury," I told her. "But she saw my movie and she loved it."

Mom smiled at me. "Well Nina is damn proud of you."

She grabbed my glass to refill it with water. I started eating my waffles and Mom came back up. "You think the doctor will let you come to the inn?"

"Maybe call him," I suggested.

***

My doctor let me leave the house as long as I didn't go far and kept my eyes closed in the car.

Mom called Jess to tell him she brought me to the inn because she didn't want to leave me all alone. 

"No comments," Mom sat me down in the dining room so Sookie could feed me. She was talking to Michel about the comments.

"About what?" he asked her before looking at me. "Did someone hit you with a rock?"

"Michel!" Mom scolded him. "I can tell him what happened," I said to Mom. "I was parachuting off a cliff and it broke in midair, so I went headfirst into a river, the rocky part."

"Why would you jump off a cliff in the first place?" Michel asked me. "Because I was stupid, moving on," I mumbled.

Mom went out to do something for Rory while Sookie looked after me.

She brought me home and Mom had decorated the entire house. "You feeling okay sweetie?"

"Yeah," I told her. "Put this on," Mom told me, handing me a kimono. Rory came in and she was so happy to see this. "Let's visit Japan," Mom said. "Hello Kitty is not only cute but saved your sister's life."

"There's dessert sushi and I promised this one half the fortune cookies," Mom added.

We all sat on the couch together to watch a movie. "The Oreo sashimi was so good," I smiled as Mom gave me my Hello Kitty to cuddle with.

Yes, I was obsessed with Hello Kitty when I was nine through twelve.

"How about fried ice cream?" Mom suggested as she went into he kitchen. The phone rang and all of us heard Dad's message, where he said that he was punched by Luke and slept with Mom. "Is that why you and Luke broke up?! Unbelievable," Rory grumbled. "Things were good between everybody!"

"Rory, I was hurting and I was heartbroken, it was a mistake," Mom defended herself. 

"Did you know?" Rory looked at me and I nodded. "Heather!" 

"I'm sorry, I wanted you to hear it from Mom, not me," I mumbled. "And I kept my opinions to myself until you knew."

I stood up but I did so too quickly and I sort of lost my footing. "Hez?"

"I'm fine, I just stood up too fast," I told them. "I'll help you upstairs," Rory mumbled and helped me up. 

***

I opened my eyes to find Jess asleep in the chair in the corner. "Jess?" 

His eyes opened. "Hey. Your mom said you got a bit dizzy earlier."

"I stood up too fast," I explained. "Rory helped me to bed, this thing's affected me bigger than I thought. I'm a little sad our road trip's gone, me doing that stupid stunt has ruined everything, I wish I stayed home."

"It just proves something," Jess told me. "You're a badass."

I couldn't help but smile.