He handed Sam the keys, and he put them in his pocket.

Colby turned the camera off for the time being, and Sam said, "Okay, the experts we hired should be here in about ten minutes."

"Can I have my key? I want to change out of these plane clothes," I said.

Sam rolled his eyes, smiling, and handed me my key. "Don't be to long," he said as I walked over to the elevators.

I went up to my room, and by the light from the hallway, I could see that my suitcase was sat next to my bed.

Then something moved in the corner of the room, and I blinked and it was gone.

This didn't bother me yet, mostly because I was used to all the paranormal shit by now. That and we were in the Langham, which was the most haunted hotel in England.

I walked in turned the lights on, closing the door behind me, then grabbed my suitcase and opened it up.

I grabbed a black t-shirt that had a floral pentagram and a skull with roses around it in white, and a pair of black jeans.

I changed and put a belt on, then grabbed my boots out of the suit case. I took my hair down and quickly put it in double french braids.

I turned the lights off and walked out, and as I walked to the elevators, I thought about the movement in the corner of the room. I realized that it was a shadow of a human, barely able to be seen in the dark.

I got to the elevator and went downstairs. The boys were all sitting in a common area, the two experts there with them.

Sam saw me walking over and said, "What the hell took you so long?"

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to Colby.

"Well, forgive me for being late. I will ask the shadow I saw in my room to not interest me next time.

"The what?!" Said Corey.

"I'll talk more later. Let's not keep them too long," I said, gesturing to the two experts. I got up and shook their hands, introducing myself.

When I say back down, the woman looked at me. "Do you normally have paranormal experiences?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I wouldn't say normally, but when I'm at a place like this, it tends to happen. It doesn't bother me. I think they just like me because I'm a medium," I said.

The man looked at me and smiled. "That would do it," he said.

We quickly finished the meeting, and we all learned something interesting.

It turns out that sometimes spirits can be like a tape recording and repeat their actions, not always interacting with people. It actually made sense.

After the experts left, Sam turned off the camera.

"Alright. Elaborate on this whole shadow thing," said Corey, obviously worried.

"It's okay Corey. It wasn't your guy," I said, referring to his Shadow Man.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded. "It was a woman. The figure it had wasn't that of a man."

Corey sighed, relieved.

"Anything else?" Asked Sam.

"Not that I can thi-," I froze mid-sentence.

I put my hand over my mouth, and the boys all looked at me, worried.

"Oh shit," I breathed.

"Kate? What is it? Use your words," said Sam.

"She- she had no hair on her head. And- oh god- the figure- I could never forget how she looked," I said.

Jake and Corey looked at each other confused, but they didn't know. But Colby and Sam got what I was going for.

"There's no damn way," said Sam.

"It was. I've seen her shadow before. I saw it a lot after..." I said.

"What?! What did you see?" Asked Jake, eager to find out what I saw.

Colby looked at me, waiting for me to tell him he could tell Jake and Corey. I slightly nodded.

"By the sounds of it, Kate's pretty sure she knows who she saw," he said, pausing again to make sure I was fully okay with it.

"And? Who was it?" Asked Corey.

"I think I saw my mom."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cliffhanger! I know at this point, you don't know that much about Kate's mom or her past. But you will next chapter. Feel free to comment your theories! I wanna hear from you guys. I also hope everyone is safe during this quarantine. Remember to wash your hands well, and stay at least 6 feet away from others. (The people you live with are okay though)
      -Bramble