☕️96☕️

I shot up at three in the morning, panting, breathing heavily. "Heath, you okay?" Jess murmured. 

"Weird dream," I told him, lying back down. "Did cowboys come after Matthew McConaughey again?" he asked me gathering me into his arms.

"No," I murmured. "You got probed by aliens, it wasn't pretty and that brain stabbing imagery will stay in here for the rest of time."

"Okay, well think about 'Final Body' the fact that the critics love it instead of aliens probing me," he suggested.

"I am but it's hard to get out of my head," I sighed. Jess looked at me. "Maybe this will help you forget," he started kissing my neck.

Well, it worked.

"You kinky bastard," I chuckled and I connected my lips to his.

***

"Hello," Andrea sang, pointing at my neck. "Right back at ya," I mumbled. "So..what's going on with you?"

"I asked Dave if I could move in with him, we got into a massive fight and broke up because of commitment and now, I'm showing him what he's missing," she told me.

"Ambitious," I nodded, sipping my coffee. "Where's Jess?" she asked me.

"Still in bed," I told her, sipping my coffee. "We're doing a big mock trial today, I'm the prosecutor," she told me.

"Pretend murder?" I asked her.

"Serial killer," she corrected me. "Ooh, scandalous," I smirked. 

Once I finished my coffee, I went back into my room and I sat in the suspended chair.

Jess looked so peaceful when he was asleep. I grabbed a cushion from the chair and chucked it at him and it hit him.

"Good morning to you too," he mumbled and sat up. "Well I'm not going to see you until ten," I pouted. "Night shift?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," I pouted.

"Don't be, I blame your boss," Jess sighed. "Movie and late night pizza?"

"You're a gem," I told him and I kissed him on the cheek. "Enjoy work."

"You too," he mumbled.

***

I got an A on my paper and I got a text from Rory as I stopped by Starbucks. 

You will never guess what Logan did 

Oh God, what now? 

He hired a coffee cart to follow me around campus 

That's kinda sweet 

Oi! Whose side are you on missy? 

Sorry 

No problem. 

To be honest, it was odd that we weren't going to Hartford on Fridays. But things were calmer, I'll admit. 

I had a lot of money saved, which I was putting towards an apartment in Brooklyn for me and Jess.

The weekend soon rolled around again and just like we do, me and Rory arrived home...at exactly the same time.

"I wonder how far our expert punctuality will help us along in life," I joked. "I'll make a list," Rory laughed.

We came in to the house. "That letter was epic!" Rory told Mom as we hauled our stuff in. "He looked so disturbed!"

"Oh you have to make me a copy," I giggled. "So how was Logan's visit?"

We looked at the kitchen table to see Mom with her head in her hands and Paul Anka head butting her arms, trying to nuzzle them apart.

"Mom..what's wrong?" I asked her. "Luke has a twelve year old daughter," she told us. "I met her today."

"What?!" me and Rory gasped. "He's known for two months, he didn't tell me! Why didn't he tell me?!" Mom ranted. "Does he not trust me?!"

"Of course he does," I said to her. "Guys are just stupid sometimes," Rory added.

"She's cute and smart," Mom told us. "Reminds me of you two."

"You two just need to talk," Rory told her. "I'm positive this won't have a big impact in the foreseeable future. Communication is key."

***

Tessa came back for the Winter Carnival and we were trying out everything. "When was the last time we were here?" I asked her.

"Senior year," she told me. "Taylor made us work."

"You know he's here pretending to be Austrian," I told her.

I went over to Mom and Rory's stand, where Paul Anka was telling the future.

"How's our boy?" I asked Mom. "Measuring your evilness," Mom smirked. 

"Bring it," I grinned and I spun the wheel. Paul Anka stopped the wheel with his paw. 

"Twenty one, what a coincidence," Rory laughed and handed me my fortune. "You will be showered with riches untold," I read.

"2007," Rory pointed out. Mom went off for a bit and Rory looked at me. "You gonna tell Jess?"

"Of course I am, I don't keep secrets from him," I told her. "He even knows about the Life and Death Brigade." 

Rory smiled at me. "What?" I asked her. "You're happy, happiest you've been in a long time."

"I am," I admitted.